limige
i was wondering if anyone has done a correct benchtest on this amp for rms. ma audio claims it does 4000 peak at 1 ohm mono, i got a good price on this amp and was wondering if anyone can tell me a true RMS rating for this amp. thanks

------------------
DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!
Quote 0 0
AmericanBassMan
This info has already been posted a few times within the past month or so. Since Wayne disabled the search function, the easiest way to find this post is to manually sroll down this section and you will come across several posts regarding that line and this amp inparticular. Just to give you a heads up, this amp does not do nearly what it is rated, but it is a good solid amp for the price.

------------------

Daddy's little girl.
Quote 0 0
loudcavalier
i agree on that its a cheep amp which will tell you basicly what your getting. i think the bench test said it put out like between 18-1900 watts at 14.4 volts or power. you get what you pay for, but there relativly cheep so.

------------------
2 Shocker Xtreme 12", autotek 1500sx, alpine 7861, kicker kq5, impulse 4x6's
lane judge asks "have you ever competed before" looks in my car and says "oh i guess so"
street 1-2 "SOON TO BE SHOCKED" Member of Team CarTunes "us country folk dont know nothin about spl"
Quote 0 0
limige
well i know they catch alot of slack for several reasons one is the affiliation with mobile authority, basically same people different line. two is that they advertise peak power as opposed to rms power.

but....18-1900 watts is very respectable. audio art 100hc's don't do that and i don't see people dis'in those. i have a chance to pick one up brand new for less than $500, when compared to the memphis amps, audio art, or earthquake i think it's a decent deal. nearly 2000 watts for less than $500 new and it's chromed flush mount style personally i think they might make a name for themselves if they don't advertise rediculas power ratings and tell the truth...

what do you guys think? seriously for that kind of money what's bad about the amp so it's over-rated, so what bridge one amp on each coil and you'll still turn most heads!!

anyways, thanks for the input. i was just looking for some solid numbers, i plan on benchtesting it when i get it in.

------------------
DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!
Quote 0 0
jaggy
the ma4002 looks like a nice piece of kit. and for the money its good!, plus it would look nice in installs.

jaggy

------------------
US Audio Direct - MAKE SPACE FOR SOME BASS

http://www.usaudiodirect.com

1 - DD 9515
1 - DEI 1100D
1 - Test Box @ 52Hz
Standard car battery
147dbs legal at the dash!
Quote 0 0
AmericanBassMan
Nice piece to show off. IMO would make for a nice install. Before you pay $500, check out http://www.waveformaudio.com The owners name is Halden and you should contact him about the price on that amp. I''m sure he will take care of you. He sent me a lot of info on that line about a month or two ago.

------------------

Daddy's little girl.
Quote 0 0
shock da world
i have one of the HC4002...or had one till i had it running at 1 ohm and after 5 min the thing burned up....now its been 2 months and im still waiting for it to come back...i dont think that it burned up b/c it was at 1 ohm...i have a high output altenator and my digital caps were registering 15.3 volts...i think thats why i burned up....\

Personally i think that they put out more than 1900 watss b/c ive seen 2-HC4002 powering 4-Kicker L7s and the dude did a 159.7...i think that they might put out closer around 2500 watts
Just my thoughts..i might be wrong

------------------
1989 Ford Thunderbird SC
2-12" Eclipse Titaniums
MA Audio HC4002 4000x1
Lightning Audio interconnects, wires, caps.
Soon to have 2-12" Atomic Thunder Xtremes
dB Drag Racing Street 1-2
Quote 0 0
bigblank69
I've had mine for over 7 months and never had a problem with it. Dude you should call MA Audio about the amp, I remember when I had a problem getting a comp set returned, they had it all set, but just never got authorized to return till I called them.. I had them back in 4 days then.. As long as you still have your RA# you should be fine

------------------
SUB: Orion HCCA 12D
AMPS: MA Audio HC4002 (4000x1) Aura 4150q (4x100)
Front Speakers: Macrom UNS 2.51
Back: Audiobahn AS68
Stinger and Lightning audio wiring
All this equals ONE LOUD ASS TAURUS
Quote 0 0
casperskafs
I just got a 800 watt MA Audio amp (not the HK series the other) Class AB and I LOVE IT. Well it was about a month ago. People say it over heats and until now (winter ending) I haven't had any problems. It pushes my 2 12's great and is very clean sounding. I'm gonna put a fan on it tomorrow and hopefully that will cool it down. I got it cheap also. $50 bucks with 4 gauge power and ground street wires. I was worried cause I got it so cheap but I wish I could find another one for that cheap.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy