maverickdog8 Show full post »
Soapbox
ROFL I can hit that number with 1 sa 8" and less that half that power.
Quote 0 0
AQIntrepid
Quote:
Originally posted by Soapbox:
ROFL I can hit that number with 1 sa 8" and less that half that power.
What number?
Quote 0 0
ssackett
Quote:
Originally posted by chrisfish:
First off I am having truble believing that a car that size peaks so low! I would believe it peaks 55-60 hz! Build smaller and tune higher!

This car slams at 60 hz
Ur not loud Fish
Quote 0 0
tekk45
Originally posted by maverickdog8:
Funny thing is. I tested what people here said. I built a box at 1.8 cubic feet with a slot port tuned to 47hz. Guess what!? 137.5 was the highest I could get. Built a 3cubic foot box and surprise 145.2 aiming it towards the passenger rear corner on 3k clamped. I dont understand how some people on here can be hitting the numbers that they are with this advice. I am building my aero port box this weekend and we will see how my ideas work since they seem to already be proven to work better than most and I've only been in the car audio field for a few years now. Throwing a audioque 3500d on the sub cranked up to 14.4v after drop. Im not trying to bash at all, but I have learned ALOT more from people on caraudio.com and caco than anyone one here. end of story [/QUOTE

How did you "tune" the port? Did you just cut it to some length calculated by a website port length calculator or box program? Unless you can adjust port length, you will never be able to call it tuned. To get the most SPL you will need the box volume and the port tuning to be dead on with the note the car wants to play. To do this will require shrinking the box .1 cube and retuning each time till you have the loudest combination. By doing this I went from a 153.3@48Hz to a 155.3@58Hz with the same impedence subs. Once reactive load was figured out, I was able to squeeze a 156 out of the same setup...car off, one battery, 2 tens, and 2 500.1 amps(6200 watts@10.8v) in Street A.
Quote 0 0
ur2lame
Quote:
Originally posted by ssackett:
Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by chrisfish:
First off I am having truble believing that a car that size peaks so low! I would believe it peaks 55-60 hz! Build smaller and tune higher!

This car slams at 60 hz
Ur not loud Fish
x2! "king" fish
Quote 0 0
tijae
hey guy your box will have to be reasonably small accoring to your car my box is small and i am hitting over 150 with a saz 3500d sub forward sub side port back aka compression chamber go small test and tune
Quote 0 0
tijae
if you got a aq 3500d amp and only getting 3k your electrics screwed 14,4 v =over 5k with that amp clamp and tested proven
Quote 0 0
B-rad
Hay guys I don't know were to start a new post but I'm trying to do the same thing. That is get my trunk car ready for 0-1000 next year. Iv played with it a little but all was drop in. Never had a reason to test until now. I'm wondering what's better a big or small trunk iv got a Nissan 240 trunk best num. Is a 152 drop in on two x12s an a cactus 5k out low
Thanks guys
Quote 0 0
THE-SCRAPER
Try making a flat box all the way at to rear of your trunk subs as far apart as possible external areo port in the middle 8" diameter or more depending on tuning

[ 09-22-2011, 03:26 PM: Message edited by: THE-SCRAPER ]
Quote 0 0
THE-SCRAPER
bump
Quote 0 0
mhart
come on Terry, that's not going to work.....
Quote 0 0
maverickdog8
Okay for starters I need to apologize for how I freaked out in the passed. I was pretty stuck on caraudio.com and they guys there clearly were leading me astray.

I self designed a wall for my car with a buddy and put in 2 Ascendant Audio Mayhem 18's on a crescendo bc3500d. After dropping down to 12.6v I ended up pulling out a 152.4 with the wall tuned to 32hz burping at 44hz. No sound deadner and only sealed to the front around the wall with spray foam. Electrical was a single 200amp alt(built by a local shop) and 3 Super Start Extreme Agm's(which to what I have found are actually just relabeled Dekka's).

Once again I do apologize. I have learned in the passed year that I can't just trust what one person says is the best thing for me. Opinions are the best way to learn.
Quote 0 0
bluewagon
Well said.
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
Quote:
Originally posted by THE-SCRAPER:
Try making a flat box all the way at to rear of your trunk subs as far apart as possible external areo port in the middle 8" diameter or more depending on tuning

how about this design, but still sealing off to the trunk/seat opening?"
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy