pfunkster13
i had this mark antony amp pushing some jl audios and it sounded cool for a minute. suddenly the amp had no power,and continued to blow fuses.i checked all my wiring for shorts, but none. i hooked another amp on the same wiring, and it worked fine. anybody out there have a clue why this mkamp keeps bowing fuses?
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
It has an internal short and will need repaired or replaced.
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
just a shot in the dark guess, you have blown power supply FETs and resistors. Quite possibly running the amp at too low of impedance
Quote 0 0
pfunkster13
hay,thanks alot d bass... i sent it to be repaired today bro.so u say perhaps too low impediance couldve caused the short? im a novice to all the tech stuff. what exactly does that mean>? i know my wire guage wasnt large enough,cuz i had a smaller amp and used the same wiring just to see how it would sound,and then it went out. hit me back bro.
Quote 0 0
john-hone
from what i know about these amps you can run them at stupid low imp.
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
too small of power wire is a major cause of amplifier failure. According to Rockford and Kicker, it's the most frequent cause of amplifiers being returned for service/warranty. That's why they offer an extra year of warranty if you also buy their approved wire kit.
If you're wire is too small, you get major voltage drop. The amp then tries to pull more current. It gets VERY hot, voltage goes too low and the fets go from leak to blown open very quickly. The lower you run the impedance, the faster this happens since it's already drawing a higher current in the first place.
Quote 0 0
Nate K.
Old school USACi "cheater" amp. Haven't heard that name in years.
Quote 0 0
apxx
wow never thought any body else has those amps i have 8 mark antony 1500.they really work good for me i had them strap 2 amps per coil
Quote 0 0
Durando
what JLs you using w0?w1? remember w7s use 1.3/0.7ohm coils.. so if using a couple it could coz prob!
also what coils? 4ohm, 2ohm 1.3ohm?

Remember amplifiers can play low as long as you got the power for it.. once you go less than 11v its danger time!
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
w7's came with single3ohm coil on the 8, 10, and 12.

The 13w7 had dual 1.5
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy