Team Maxxsonics - Mike
I receive emails, PM's etc regarding the Maxxlink on a daily basis so I decided to make a few vids. The first is pretty much like the manual and shows how to link multiple amps using the Maxxlink. The second vid shows how to use the Maxxlink to supply equal signal to independent amps as well as how to put amps in "SLAVE" and bypass all of their controls and rather controlling everything from the Maxxlink. Hope they are usefull and answer a lot of questions.

Part 1

Part 2

Maxxlink MLX-100 Manual
Quote 0 0
sensai
this is a VERY good post Mike..

Thanks
Quote 0 0
Alex1974
Great now i can hook mine up.
Quote 0 0
dd151.9
So for 4 strappable amps that are strapped in pairs I would use a y splitter for a+ to the first amp master and second amp a- for the slave but leave the amps both on master when strapped and do the same for the other pair??? Sorry if I worded that weird.
Quote 0 0
Gavin
Great Mike. You should do this with the other new products. It will kill so many repeated questions.

[ 06-11-2009, 10:22 AM: Message edited by: Gavin ]
Quote 0 0
dd151.9
?????
Quote 0 0
Team Maxxsonics - Mike
Quote:
Originally posted by dd151.9:
So for 4 strappable amps that are strapped in pairs I would use a y splitter for a+ to the first amp master and second amp a- for the slave but leave the amps both on master when strapped and do the same for the other pair??? Sorry if I worded that weird.
Yes, this is correct. Or, you can skip on the Y splitters as I showed in the video and simply run RCA's from A+ and B+ to inputs on Master 1. Then run RCA's from A- and B- to the inputs Slave 1. Then repeat this process with C and D for the second set of amps.
Quote 0 0
dd151.9
Oh ok thanks Mike.
Quote 0 0
PeteS
WOW nevr though to use slave only inputs like this before. Has this part been added to the manual ? Has there been any reported problem with the outputs on the amps not macthing up ?

In theroy could amps be straped in this manor ? Setting both amps to slave and using a maxlink - output on the - amp and the + out put on the + amp ? Wouldnt the amps polarity be swaped....the - output on the maxlink would in fact be the postive input. Well maybe I should say does the phase swap in a master/slave combo happen on the master output or on the slave input ?

This has me thinking now. I have 4 straped pairs but had less then ideal tests when straping the amps though the maxlink. I am just using it as a line driver and a easy way to control x-over on the amps. I am still relying on the amps them selves to strap. It still makes for a pain to set 4 amps when the gains wont stay in place for very long.

Please reply Mike as I'm sure there are others that this could also help.
Quote 0 0
Team Maxxsonics - Mike
Pete, I can't say it will work for sure or not because I have not personally tried the method you are questioning. In theory it should work and bypass all settings on the amps. The Polarity swap happens at the amplifier when you use the SLAVE input on the amp. That means that if you plan to use Slave Input on both amps, the positive output of the Maxxlink would be negative to the amp and the negative output of the Maxxlink would be positive to the amp. All wiring on the amps would be the same as described previously except the end user would have to recognize that the Polarity swap.
Quote 0 0
QP2000CR
Hi friends:
Tomorrow I'm going to buy a maxxlink for my amplifiers but I have question, Why in the 1 video the conexion is diferent about the pDF manual?

In my case what about me?
Thanks

Video 1 RCA
maxx A+ B+ amp 1 rca L/R
A- B- amp 2 rca L/R

Manual PDF
maxx A+ amp 1 rca L/R
A- amp 2 rca L/R
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy