imported_lilmaniac2 Show full post »
Brad Eubank
Quote:
Originally posted by Iconoclast:
look up Martin (not Phillip). I looked up my thread for building the system, and it looks like they were ordered late March to early april 2005. The system was designed for my sis, she was serving in Florida at the time, though she's not there anymore. The cone wouldn't go up and down in a linear motion, it was moving diagonally, and the voice coil rattled back and forth constantly, making rattling and scratching noises. She finally got tired of the rattling coming from the sub and took it to a shop where she is now. She asked them about how to return it, they told her what she had to do.
If i remember right, we shipped those subs to your sister. I know we didnt install them, maybe they were damaged in shipping

Quote:

So she brought in the sub, they looked at it, and told her that yes, it was a defective sub, and that it sometimes happens, and they got her a new one.
so you never brought it into my store?

Quote:

If I thought that you didn't know what you were talking about, I wouldn't have come to you in the first place. The poor knowledge comment was regarding your attitude at the time.
so do I have poor knowledge, or a bad attitude? lets get it straight.

Quote:

By that, I mean that your attitude/pride (of selling someone defective equipment) got in the way of your ability to help.
well, there is a very good chance that I never even pulled the speakers out of the box before you picked them up, and we didnt install them. Out of the THOUSANDS of Memphis woofers I have sold I have never seen one defective out of the box, but anything is possible.

Quote:

I wasn't mad because you sold me something that was defective (the box was never opened, you sold it to me just like you got it from the Memphis, why would I think it was your problem? - besides, it was under warranty) I just wanted to know what I had to do to get a replacement, not a lecture on how its not possible for a new sub to be defective,
as I said before, I havent ever seen a defective sub out of the box.

Quote:

and how I must not know what I'm doing. I'm just like anyone else, I don't like to be insulted. I don't have a right to not be insulted, but I certainly have a choice to not do business with someone who insults me.
If I insulted you I am sorry, but when the woofers are hundreds of miles away and I cant see them how can I fix the problem. If I remember right I told you to ship the subs back to me and we would get it worked out. Since you didnt install them how do you know what happened to them?

Quote:

Like I said, its something you can change. I bet if you did change it, you would have more customers (or, at least, happier customers). I don't really care about it now, because her system is fine, and I don't plan on designing anymore systems any time soon, being a full-time student. You might be able to put this info to good use, though.
I dont remember our conversation, I am sorry that I dont. I vaguely rememeber someone shipping some m3 10s to florida for their sister. I dont remember them being defective, but I can tell you that a defective sub out of the box never happens. Why you decided to post one here to try to hurt my reputation over something that wasnt my fault in the first place is a mystery to me. I could see if you brought the sub in and said it had a problem and I blew you off, but I dont think that is what happened, the sub was hundreds of miles away!

Looking at your posts on here, you take a few drinks from the a-hole koolaid yourself. If you really wanted to "help me out" maybe you should have came to my store and said what you have to say to my face, not posted a bunch of BS about how I didnt know anything and had a bad attitude when you have never met me.
Quote 0 0
Iconoclast
My sis was here on vacation, which is why I had to install it at that time. Only one was defective. The subs were here, but already installed in her truck. I had to be in Dickson anyway, so I dropped by to ask about how to return it, to see if it we had time to return it before she went back, if she could have the replacement shipped to her after she went back, or not.

When the subs were ordered, they were shipped to you, and they were picked up from your shop. I installed them, and noticed that one of the subs wasn't working correctly.

When I asked you (ie, me talking to you) about the return policy, and whatnot, you asked me what the problem was. I told you it was a defective sub, and you kept saying that I must have done something wrong, because subs don't ship from the factory defective. I started to ask you about whether or not we could ship the replacement to her or not, but you stopped me and said something along the lines of- look, just go back, check your wiring, and we'll go from there. I told you that I checked everything, and I'm sure its the sub, and that only one sub had the problem. I tried to tell you that I needed to know what my shipping options were before I could do anything, but you stopped me again and told me to go and figure out what I did wrong, because you were convinced it wasn't the sub, and you never answered my shipping questions. If I had the time, I would have taken it out and brought it to you, and went from there, but she had to leave the next day, so I needed an answer quick. Perhaps if you would have listened to me, you would have understood.

Your attitude was your problem. You had the ability to help, but thought it more important to attempt to save face, and blame me, instead of helping me. I asked simple questions, but you didn't answer me. Then, you insulted me by saying that I did something wrong. I figured I'd let you know, it might help you.

and about using the forum. If you care about people airing out your reputation online, then you should take batter care of your reputation. Its not my fault you had a bad attitude, its yours. Don't like it coming back around to you, don't do stuff like that in the first place.

Don't want the help, don't take my advice. Continue to turn away your customers, I don't care.
Quote 0 0
Brad Eubank
dude, of the 11 years I have been in business I have had one customer claiming to have a bad sub out of the box, and its you. We have NEVER seen a bad sub that wasnt freight damaged, and then only some badly packed ID stuff years ago, not a Memphis product

You never brought the sub back in, for all I know you did screw the sub up. If the sub was defective why did you call me on the phone, why not just bring it in.

Did you want a refund? we dont do refunds, especially on special orders. I still dont understand why................

1. If you were in Dickson, and the sub was bad, you just didnt bring it in

2. Why you are bringing this crap up on Term-lab a year and a half later.

If you think i am a a-hole, fine,a few people do. Right now all you are doing is complaining about nothing. Grow up and get a life
Quote 0 0
Brad Eubank
Also, just to clarify,99% when there is a problem with a product that I sold and didnt install, it is customer error. That is from my 15 years in retail. I have yet to see a single install done by a amateur that was 100% correct. We get guys all of the time that bring in subs that they coned with a screwdriver that claim the sub "ripped" all by itself. You wouldnt believe the stuff people bring it and try to blame on menufacturing defect.

So when I get a kid who is installing subs for his sister who has a problem, I am going to always ask two things,

1. did you do everything correctly?

2. can you bring by the sub and let me look at it?

the problem here is you were offended that anyone could question that you did it right, because after all, you are a "hacker" college student and you know all. You dont have any install experience, and you have had no training on 12v installation, but I am to trust that you did everything correctly, even though in every single case before that I have had a customer installing subs with a DOA it has been the customer's fault.

If i remember right I asked you to bring the sub by, and you said you couldnt, and wanted me to ship her another sub without recieving the defective one back. If you would have just brought in the sub for inspection your problem would have been fixed, if you screwed it up or not, just like it was in Florida when she went to a dealer there. The problem was you wanted to argue with me over the phone, and you didnt get your way, now you want to be a whiny lil b-tch about it on Term lab because you need the attention
Quote 0 0
Iconoclast
ok, lets get some things straight...

First of all, evidently I didn't make it clear enough, I talked to you in person, face-to-face, in your shop. I've never spoken with you over the phone, except when I called you in the beginning, asking if you sold that model sub, and how it would take you to get it in (long before I actually ordered, or received the subs).

Secondly, I didn't ask for a refund, I asked how to ship it off to get a replacement for the defective sub.

Also, the reason I didn't bring it in is because I didn't know if I could get the replacement shipped to my sister. The reason I didn't bring her truck, is because we ( my brother-in-law, whose family owns a body shopin Nashville, and I) were doing maintenence on her truck (oil change, changing oil pan gasket because of a leaking gasket, changing spark plugs, air filter, rotating tires, etc., etc.), because she rarely gets to come home. Her truck wasn't back together yet. We were planning on her taking it to a shop in Fl to get the sub taken care of, but we went by your shop to see if there was anything we could do while she was here, instead of dismantling the system, taking the sub to you, only to find out that we wouldn't be able to get the replacement shipped to her.

I brought it up because I recognised your name, and your shop name. I've never seen you post here on OT before (which is where I spend most of my time when I'm on termpro).

I first started installing systems not too long before I registered for the forum. I had about 4 years' experience before starting the project for her. I don't have any formal education in installing systems, I was more of an apprentice of my bro-in-law, who has 10+ years experience.

We both went through all trouble-shooting scenarios, to isolate the sub as being defective. We isolated it, and found that it was defective. I'm not saying I'm perfect, and that I can't make mistakes when installing a system, everyone makes mistakes... I'm just saying that the sub was defective. Should you believe me? no... but believing me had nothing to do with what I asked you, which is exactly what I meant by your attitude. The questions were about shipping, not whether or not its possible to have a defective sub from the factory, or whether or not I did everything right in my install.

Imediately into our conversation in your shop, you got defensive, as if I was trying to blame something of you... I wasn't. I just had simple questions about shipping. STILL, you are acting the same way, telling me about how extremely rare it would be, congrats, its rare... but, evidently, it happens. Acting like that gets nothing done, except pissing people off.

I'm not a hacker, it just keeps people from adding me to their friends lists constantly.

When we first got the subs, you told us that if there was a problem with the sub (even if we just blew it outright), all we would have to do is bring you the sub, pay for shipping, and we'd get a new one. I just didn't know if the new sub had to be shipped back to your shop, or if you could forward it to my sis in Fl. If you would have listened to me, instead of insulting me, you would have known that.
Quote 0 0
Brad Eubank
All you had to do, at any point, was bring the sub in. You never did that.

I never saw the sub, I never saw a picture of a sub, you never brought the sub in. I dont remember talking to you. I have over 10,000 names in my computer of people I have sold product to, I cant remember all of them.

What I am saying is, I could have probably handled the situation better, since obviously I pissed you off and didnt mean to. for that I am sorry. You could have handled the situation better, you could have brought me the damn sub. Just becuase I own a business doesnt make me superhuman, we all have bad days, maybe you caught me on one of those. After 15 years of dealing with people tearing stuff up I may have prejudged you as being one of those people by mistake, my fault.

Come by the store sometime and I will buy you a twinkie and we can talk about it

ok?
Quote 0 0
Booming_Creation
watch out, iggy will be going to tn for that twinkie
Quote 0 0
Geo-X
i've been in meca since '99. and you know what? i love it, and always have!

don't get me wrong, when the whole fuse thing came out, i hated the whole idea, rejected it, and refused to put fuses in my car. last year, i just allowed myself to be tossed into the highest class.

this year, i decided to go ahead and give the fusing a try in the lowest modex class. and i am very glad i did.
A. i can only get about half of my full power though the 80amp fuse for two seconds. (about 2 more db without fuses)

BUT

B. working with 5000+ watts through an 80amp fuse FORCES you to work on vehicle efficiency. this is the trade off that i have absolutly no problem with. sure, i have more score with higher fusing or no fusing. but i have been soo focused on overall vehicle efficiency because of the fusing, i like haveing it now.

i think the fusing is a good idea (as opposed to published power ratings), but i feel that if they want it to be more fair, then make everyone use the same type and even brand of fuses. perhaps even supply the fusing for a run....hmmm. but i guess that wouldnt solve the financial issue.
Quote 0 0
*SweetSPL*
PM FTW K? Thx.

Quote 0 0
tommyk90
Quote:
Originally posted by Geo-X:
i've been in meca since '99. and you know what? i love it, and always have!

don't get me wrong, when the whole fuse thing came out, i hated the whole idea, rejected it, and refused to put fuses in my car. last year, i just allowed myself to be tossed into the highest class.

this year, i decided to go ahead and give the fusing a try in the lowest modex class. and i am very glad i did.
A. i can only get about half of my full power though the 80amp fuse for two seconds. (about 2 more db without fuses)

BUT

B. working with 5000+ watts through an 80amp fuse FORCES you to work on vehicle efficiency. this is the trade off that i have absolutly no problem with. sure, i have more score with higher fusing or no fusing. but i have been soo focused on overall vehicle efficiency because of the fusing, i like haveing it now.

i think the fusing is a good idea (as opposed to published power ratings), but i feel that if they want it to be more fair, then make everyone use the same type and even brand of fuses. perhaps even supply the fusing for a run....hmmm. but i guess that wouldnt solve the financial issue.
I'm glad that another MECA competitor has joined in. It seemed like I was the only MECA competitor in this thread.

I can definitely agree with everything you have said. I didn't like the fuse rule at first either, but it helps you fine tune your system even more than before.
Quote 0 0
Geo-X
i've got two back to back world titles and countless state records and championships with meca. i think it can be said that i am a mecahead!
Quote 0 0
Geo-X
i just think it's funny that at first, people would criticize meca for making up classes and awards for absolutly everyone to win something. now, they are criticized for not listening to what it's members want and doing what they (meca) feels is right. meca is not the only format dieing out......
Quote 0 0
KvnCrt
I've competed four times in two years in MECA. It's
fun. The fuse rule kind of limits things, but thats what it is supposed to do. It's not like DB Drag, where you have to bring the wang to win. In MECA there is way to many classes. I competed in MDX 1 and did a 159, but I wanted to be in the more competive M-class. Eliminate/Merge classes to invite bring more competion.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy