violent b
so I hear many people talk about using modified amplifiers but what does really mean? In what way is the amplifier modified? And can you modify any amp or just particular ones?
Quote 0 0
2000LaDe
when they mean modded amplifier it means they took the protection out of the amp. so on some amps that are only 2 ohm stable u can mod them and make them play at 1 ohm without it going into protection.
Quote 0 0
SoundWerx
modding amps can also alolw them to have higher input volatge like 16 volts for compeition. with modding an amp comes the loss of protection circutry(sp)making modded amps not the best amps for daily driving. Modding an amp also voids any warranty provided by the manufacturer
Quote 0 0
Broken Silence - Johnny
That is usually what people are talking about when they say they are modding an amp. They could also be talking about changing an internal fuse(like the old EQ amps) or changing resistor values to allow more output.
Quote 0 0
ProTruck
mmmmmmmmm....I put a blower on my modded amps......and sometimes nitro!!
Quote 0 0
vetkilr
Anyone know how to use and hook up this??

http://www.memphiscaraudio.com/products/details.asp?cat=&id=160&p=2
Quote 0 0
Broken Silence - Johnny
Look Here
Quote 0 0
vetkilr
Sweet thankx
Quote 0 0
Doctorbass
That module is a simple phase inverter.. it take the R or the L input and it reverse the phase of it...to have a R and a L in opposite phase... it's make for bridging mono amp together... Amp that are already bridgeable (multichanel) have this circuit inside) it's a simple operational amplifier IC mounted in inverter mode..You have to use the + from both bridged chanel as new output.

Doc
Quote 0 0
Broken Silence - Johnny
Some amps that are already STRAPPABLE have this inside. Memphis could do that, but they have been doing their amp strapping this way for years. It is not a universal deal, we tried it on other amps and it doesnt always work.
Quote 0 0
violent b
so basicly when you mod an amp, unless it has been done before on the same model, you may damage the amplifier. the only way to tell is to try it?
Quote 0 0
kraven moorehead
are those allowed in db drag?????
Quote 0 0
Mr Bump
Yep.
Quote 0 0
kraven moorehead
dont try it on the the d-5's i used a strapping module on some and they went thermal.......pop! there is something with the ground on the earthquake amps that wont allow you to strap.and costs alot to get repaired.
Quote 0 0
boommerextreme
They dont have a common ground thats why they blew.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy