Team Prodigy James Show full post »
Team Prodigy Mike
Quote:
Originally posted by A911MASTER1:
I will be judging carlisle next year i am starting the process already
That's great to hear!!!!
Quote 0 0
stang em
I hate to double message but I aint know how long my message was. Times are changing. People dont even really go and buy cds anymore, but everyone still listens to music. We just go about it in a new way and thats what db drag needs to do. It needs to evolve. Maybe try advertising comps on face book or bring back the old fashion flyers. I'd definitely make some time to hand em out or post em up in Krogers or at the schools or college dorms or hole in the wall bars, corner gas stations, churches, put it in a city beat. Maybe make event calenders for each region so people can know that this comp aint just a one time thing. That way people can plan ahead and request off of work. Also I dont think itd be a bad idea for someone to start a new annual event. Something big like sbn or slamology. something to get excited for. Drag should also bite off the other orgs that have copied drag. db drag should try to get in with more car shows and cruise ins. dats my 2 cents. Hope yall understand where I'm comin from
Quote 0 0
Chode69
Quote:
THANK YOU!!!
Quote 0 0
mhart
Quote:
Originally posted by Chode69:
Quote:
quote:
THANK YOU!!!
nice, try to get them to move the show somewhere people will see it.
Quote 0 0
mdspl
Quote:
if you need some help let me know well in advance.
Quote 0 0
bgalaxy
It's real interesting to hear about prices in the different areas. I do see where some of the prices for the show can be discouraging. I know I wouldn't make too many shows at the prices some of you are paying at some of these shows. But, I wouldn't say that is a drag problem as much as a promoter problem. I would look hard at who your spending money with and see if maybe its time for change out there.

As far as the trophies go, I completely understand where the seasoned competitors are coming from. I stopped taking a trophy years ago as I just didn't need the cluster in my house anymore. besides, I'm there to hang out with good friends.

for the new people, I do see where it's a good sales tool. It gives them something to show off for all their hard work. It is no different then every kid getting an award in tee ball.

I am curious though, for the ones who say trophies aren't expensive, what do they cost to have made in your area? I know about what it costs out here to make / get them made. And the ones out here are pretty nice. I'm sure it would make an interesting comparison between the guys who spend the money to get them made and the guys who think they know what they cost to have made.
Quote 0 0
PeteS
These do take a little time as you have to put them together your self but they save a lot of money. They have a marble base and feel like there worth something. The columns are solid and the toppers are great. You get a good value. Sure you could shave some more off but the look and feel will offset the few extra bucks you save. For the same trophy order(same size,plate,base and so on) I was quoted over $600 from more then 1 local trophy shop. Smaller would bring the cost down a LOT more. And the other 2 that were on the order were also very nice. Worked well for Best of Show and Peoples choice award.

Product ID: 15SGL
Product Name: KIT 15SGL
Quantity: 42
Unit Price: $6.25

--------------------------
Product ID: 27DBL
Product Name: KIT 27DBL
Quantity: 1
Unit Price: $18.50

Product ID: 27DBL
Product Name: KIT 27DBL
Quantity: 1
Unit Price: $18.50

Order Total : $299.50
Shipping and Handling : $39.71
Grand Total : $339.21

This was with the custom METAL plates will full text and logo's at no extra cost.

http://www.trophykits.com/proddetail.asp?prod=15SGL

http://www.trophykits.com/proddetail.asp?prod=27DBL

Well for a nice tag you just use what some one else"What was SPL Max again" spent the time to have made up

http://www.trophykits.com/proddetail.asp?prod=LABEL3

Yes they really do have the Logo's on file and they look great.
Quote 0 0
97Cavy
Thats dave's site isint it?
Quote 0 0
mdspl
yes its Dave's site.
i wish he was doing this when i ran shows, cause i PAID ALOT more for the trophies i gave out way back when
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy