OwenPUA
Hi Guys,

I am sure this has been asked before but I cant find any thread. I have been doing my own sound since I was 16. I have a few questions as I am looking to enter the Ultimate class with a vehicle here in SA.

Why do the big guns all run multiple batteries. I understand the running of Tandem amplifiers and how to connect these.

1. What is the benefit of running 15 * 16V batteries.

2. Are these connected in series or paralell?

3. Are the amplifiers still run as tandem amps, if not, how do you connect the amplifiers to x amount of batteries?

4. Again, what are the true benefits of having so many batteries?

I know this might be a dumb question but I have not studied electronic or sound so you guys are my education.

Just need to mention, my best reading was off 2 Vibe Audio Black Air II's 12" (550 RMS) on a 5000 Watt Audiobank black series monoblock, I think it is a D class amp, and I pushed 149.8dBs. Not bad for Rookie International 1
Quote 0 0
tekk45
The more batteries you have the less voltage drop you will have so the amplifier will make more power. Everytime you parallel another battey the total resistance of the batteries drops. For instance, if a battery has 10 mega ohms of internal resistance, then 2 in parrallel has only 5 mega ohms, 4 batteries has 2.5, 8 has 1.25. This will allow a bank of batteries to give up more electrical current more quickly, again, allowing the amplifier to make more power. The only time you would series batteries would be to achive 16 or 18v. If you series 2 12v batteries you would have 24v output. So some competitors will series a 2v cell to a 14 or 16v battery. It seems as if just running 16/18v batteries is a better choice in this case. You can still strap(tandem) amps on high volt systems as long as they are compatible with such voltage. The true benefit over all is less voltage drop and more constant power output from your amplifier(s). I hope this helps.

Team Neo - Eric
Quote 0 0
casperskafs
Nice score for 2 12's. I've seen vibe do some pretty cool stuff on youtube.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy