casperskafs
Something thats been bugging my for awhile is I wanna know how everyone hooks up a bunch of remote wires. Do you use relays? I haven't hooked up lots and lots of things so I've always just spliced remote wires which has cause problems before like amps not turning on when they should or fans not turning on. Say I have 10 amps a crossover a line driver and 5 other things that need remote wires to turn on. What do I use as turn on leads for all this stuff. I don't have all this but I just wonder for future projects.
Quote 0 0
john-hone
ive never used relays. even when we ran extreme and had 20 amps. run 10 amps line drives x overs in my daily and dont use relays.
Quote 0 0
casperskafs
Quote:
Originally posted by john-hone:
ive never used relays. even when we ran extreme and had 20 amps. run 10 amps line drives x overs in my daily and dont use relays.
So where do you run all the remote wires. You splice 20 amp remotes to your HU remote wire?
Quote 0 0
18inchjeepin
I just recently put a relay in, it was easy.

other options are tap into your fuse box and find a circuit that is only on when your car is. 10-20 amps should be plenty of power for remotes.

you could run a lead strait to the battery with a switch, but you would have to flip it everytime you turn the car off
Quote 0 0
john-hone
normaly to a distribution block or something.
Quote 0 0
casperskafs
Quote:
Originally posted by 18inchjeepin:
I just recently put a relay in, it was easy.

other options are tap into your fuse box and find a circuit that is only on when your car is. 10-20 amps should be plenty of power for remotes.

you could run a lead strait to the battery with a switch, but you would have to flip it everytime you turn the car off
I thought about the battery but didn't wanna hit the switch everytime. Mostly was afraid I'd forget to turn it off. Fuse block is a good idea. Thanks rob
Quote 0 0
casperskafs
Quote:
Originally posted by john-hone:
normaly to a distribution block or something.
Do you have that block on a switch? BTW I've seen your setup. Very impressive with MB Quartz!!
Quote 0 0
john-hone
Just run it off the remote turn on from the head unit
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy