PSYCHOACOUSTICS
this is a long thread and it involves Stephen "getlike me" sorry bro for the problems you have been involved in i hope to have you all squared up bu the time Murilo reads this

as most of you know i bought an sd8k and 500.4 for my crx roughly a year ago

from the first day the amps made noise.

i spoke with murilo many times in the weeks and months soon after buying the amps that were shipped direct from brazil to my house

we were trying to get a noise problem fixed

i tried every conceivable resolution

i will list them here

i changed decks for an alpine 9887 with imprint and changer to a pioneer low model from walmart just to test

i tested both decks in and out of the car

i tested both decks from the wiring in the deash to wires extended to the amps directly to avoid ground loops

i installed a relay on the remote wire

i ran new rca wires and did not let them touch the car

i installed directional shielded 50$ rcas

i grounded the shield on the rca to the amps ground

i used a battery not installed in the car to power the deck and a diff batt to run the amp

i ran both the deck and amp from external battery

the amps would pick up a slight noise from my ohio generator alt

so i ran a relay on the feild

took the alt out shipped it and the regulator to ohio gen to test for stray fields or leakage currents alt came back 100% PERFECT

then i took the amps out of the car

repeated all the above steps

1 battery
2 batteries one foe the amp one for the deck

alpine and pioneer decks

i even used a mp3 player to avoid ground loops

at this point i sent the amp to Jose in nyc this is murilos repair man contrary to what he say he does not fix his own amps

jose fixed the amp and they brought it to the show they attended in buffalo in september 2009

i installed the amp and had the same problems wwent through all of these same above listed issues and guess what still nothiing same noise issues and he swears that it is my install

at ces in vegas i picked up a pyle amp from pyle to compare with the sd500.4 it preforms better in car and on the bench it is quiet an has no whine or noise issues switch back to the sd and noise re appears

i send the amp back to jose and he again fixes it swears it good and this is where getlike me comes in he buys the amp

with in a few days of getting it he is having troubles with it

not wanting a un happy customer i pay to ship the amp from cali to nyc wehre murillo gives him the run around for 3 weeks

first its prep fpr sbn

then its travel from sbn

then its fixed and will ship friday
then its fixed saturday will ship monday

then monday it hasnt been worked on at all it will ship tuesday

then i step in and call jose he says its power supply mosfets

he will have it out by end of day wednsday

thursday i call for tracking he tells me finally after almost a year it has bad caps and they make a noise

JUST LIKE THE NOISE THAT I HAD BEEN HAVING ALL ALONG

at this point get like me wants his number to call him

jose tells get like me that the amp is bad and needs a new board

but he tells me that he says he will fix the caps on it and ship it today

i have been trying to get Murillo on msn txt and call him for days he has ignored me repeatedly not answering once

he has been on the forums continually though?

where is murillo?

how can someone have such a good product and just drop off the face of the earth when he has a problem?

i will gladly pay to have this board fixed get like me dont deserve this and he shouldnt have to pay for it

neither should psychoacoustics

murilo has ignored me and my questions for long enough he needs to do whats righti ran a relay on the power
Quote 0 0
murilo
Amp was shipped back yesterday.

You don't need to pay for anything, we don't charge for repairs, even when a alternator send more than 20V to the amp.

You also don't need to do all this.

[ 03-26-2010, 09:35 AM: Message edited by: murilo@soundigital.com.br ]
Quote 0 0
PSYCHOACOUSTICS
no one is questioning whether its free repairs or not but repeated repairs is whats being questioned

dont blame an alternator (i had it tested by gus at ohio generator)
swapping every single part of the equation including the owner and its still a problem.
the only thing that hasnt changed in this situation is you

jose talks to you and you return your call

just answer your phone.msn.email or txt take care of this like a business man please
Quote 0 0
F.O. SPL Deezy
Damn. Murilo I know this is just a misunderstanding. Let's get this fixed! These guys are getting cricified for a manufacturer defect!
Quote 0 0
murilo
Our distributor in your area handled this situation, the amplifier was shipped back.

Please stop this, I'm not playing this game.
Quote 0 0
Fredrik Lindberg
Have either of you tried wrapping the speaker cables with aluminium-foil (tin-foil or whatever its called) + duct tape around the foil and ground one end of the foil to the chassie of the car with like a small speakercable??

I had trouble with my SD8k that it made noise when installed in the car which also had two 2ch-amps, if i took the amp out of the car no noise appeared but when placed inside it all came back again.

After I shielded the speakercables like described above, all my trouble were never more to be heard.

Sorry if you don
Quote 0 0
GetLikeMe
Wow I see Bill is trying to give murilo a bad rep. Ok first off psychos YOU WERE IN THE WRONG PERIOD. So everyone knows I am Stephen the buyer of the amp.
First off I bought the amp off psychos which he told me amp was PERFECT NEVER BEEN REPAIRED NEVER NO PROBLEMS. I recieve amp and immidiately have problems. Ship it to murilo for repair 2 weeks later amp still having problems. Than murilo tells me well the amp has been repaired twice from psychos. I SAY WHAT? He told me it NEVER has been repaired and sold it to me saying it was perfect which I would of never bought a 1200$ amp if I knew it has been repaired twice i mean who would? Than i message Psychos like WTF? He calls murilo a liar and claiming its never been repaired but YESTERDAY he writes this same thread on another forum admitting to it being repaired twice. WOW What a shady seller. Murilo has been nothing but nice and helping me get this situated he has went above and beyond to help me. Psychos has been a **** since i asked for a refund.
You can read all about it on the link below. It also shows texts from psychos of him saying if i post this up on forum he will not be nice and make it harder for me to get my money back. Bill your a joke man. Your a shady seller.

http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/showthread.php?t=34710
Quote 0 0
Exile son of Exodus
Originally posted by Fredrik Lindberg:
Have either of you tried wrapping the speaker cables with aluminium-foil (tin-foil or whatever its called) + duct tape around the foil and ground one end of the foil to the chassie of the car with like a small speakercable??

I had trouble with my SD8k that it made noise when installed in the car which also had two 2ch-amps, if i took the amp out of the car no noise appeared but when placed inside it all came back again.

After I shielded the speakercables like described above, all my trouble were never more to be heard.

Sorry if you don
Quote 0 0
Nphocus
PSYCHOACOUSTICS is good peoples and I've been ****ing with him for years and I don't hesitate to send any of my friends to him if they need subs, amps, wiring, or recones. He always answers the phone and responds to emails. I look forward to buying more **** off of him in the future.

He could have told you to **** yourself on the amp problems you had, but instead he stepped in and did everything he could to help bring resolution...

On Murillo's end... I could have sworn he has said over and over and over that he has never had an amp returned for repairs... how ironic does that make this thread then?
Quote 0 0
JordyO
Seriously? Bringing this back up 2 months later?

as an FYI... Murilo replaced the amp and resolved the issue

(btw, I'm good friends with both Bill and Murilo.. so I've got no reason to talk badly about either. I just don't see the point in rehashing something that's been dead for this long)
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy