Skaz
Hi everyone!
Finally there is summer in Austria and the db-season starts.
Now I'm rally intent if all the work was it worth.
My setup:
1 x Kove SPL 2000 as starter 2 x PC 4000 @ DD Z1a @ DD Z15 D1
the poor thing is that i still have no termlab so I cant figure out the hertz type.
Should I go with 2 ohms or shall I breake down to 0.5 ohms?
My car is a Honda Civic FK2 2006 (the european hatchback version)

Im glad for every advice, as I said it's my first drag and may I can avoid some newcomer mistakes.

Thanks a lot!!!

[ 05-04-2010, 01:42 AM: Message edited by: Skaz ]
Quote 0 0
tekk45
Pics of the interior and hatch area. Links to equipment info.

Kove spl 2000...amplifier?
PC 4000...batteries?
DD Z1A amplifier
DD Z15 dual 1 ohm coils
Quote 0 0
Skaz
Batteries:
One Kove 2000 (as starter)
48Ah, max. 700A

Two Powercell 4000
# 120 Ah - 7000A SC
# Weight - 36,3 kg
# Peak - 4000

Car Pictures

Quote 0 0
tekk45
Ok, I understand now. I wish we could get those civics over here! I would run the amp at .5 with that much battery and im almost certain you'll have more than 1 ohm total reactive load. If the car has back seats, try a box around 4 cubes to start with a single 6" port firing to the drivers side(SPL). Another box I have seen work well for music has the sub firing back at the hatch and 2 4" ports firing up or sub up/port back. The roof, especially, will need to be sound deadened in that car. I would run a minimum of 4 0 gauge power and grounds front to rear but would recommend 8 each, if you can fit them. Keep us posted on you build and good luck.
Quote 0 0
Skaz
Thanks a lot!
Box is almost finished. I Hope I ll get a Term Lab bevor the first contest - have no idea what hetz are best for this car. I think about 45-48?
Should I disconnect the remote and chinch from my FS amp for the contest to gain more energy?
I use MDF wood should I cover it with aluminium tape?
THANKS
Quote 0 0
tekk45
I would disconnect you full range amplifier for competition unless your in super street or bass race which is what it looks like you'll be doing. All you can do is test and tune to get the loudest score. No telling what note is going to be loudest. What do you plan on running for port(s)? I would set the box up the way you plan on running it and tuning it initially. If you plan on taping it, just do it now. We use fiberglass resin on boxes to make them hard and to help airflow. Apply 2 layers, use plenty of hardener and roll it on with a foam roller...fast.
Quote 0 0
Skaz
So I did my first db drags.

The box is about 6 ft
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
6cf is pretty damn large for a 15" sub. I'd try shrinking the box to around 4cf
Quote 0 0
tekk45
Agrees with D-bass. Use the same 10x10 port. Start with the same port length, shrink the box till the score starts to fall off then add port length, repeat till you get your loudest combination. I would say youre going to end up with a 2-3 cu/ft box. Test your reactive load each time you shrink and retune so you know how the changes react in your car. Also, did you try different port lengths with the box you already have?
Quote 0 0
Wagonized
I think you should try a single large aeroport. If it were me I would buy/make a 8" and a 10" aero.

The ease of tuning the aero vs a slot port will free up a lot of time and effort that you can use in other parts of your setup.

Im excited to see the results tho.

And I also agree with above posters..your box is much too large. Although I do not have any first hand experience with the Z woofers and what sort of box they like compared to a regular DD. If it were a regular DD I would start with 3.5 cubes and start shrinking from their. But the z motors Ive been told like a bit larger enclosure...and probably will benefit from an enclosure with more mounting depth aswell Id imagine due to their huge motor structure.
Quote 0 0
Skaz
Thanks for all the ansers. But now im a little bit confused.
In Austria/Germany everyone tell me I shoul build a box with about 6-7ft3.
And here everone tell me to build it much smaller like 2-4 ft3.
How does it come that the 2 "fractions" have a complete other perception?
Quote 0 0
tekk45
Do you want loud on music or best SPL? Build both sizes. One box starting at 4 cubes the other 7 cubes. Shrink the boxes a little ata time and retune each time you shrink the box. Keep good notes and compare. This is the only way you'll know what's best for your car.
Quote 0 0
tijae
hey skaz a lot of dd woofer like small boxes no disrespect to anyone here but you should ask the guy scraper hes got a small car a crx loud or getamped he has done the same or d bass but the truth of mater is you box will be small 2-3 cf 4 at the most but look up scraper for sure look at his box go from there my box is somewhat small i got 2 15s doing 152 at 55hz
Quote 0 0
Skaz
Hello again

Lot of things happend in the meantime. First of all thanks a lot for your feedback!

I builded a new box, still a big one with 6 cuft
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy