basshead69
Hey guys! Well, I finally built a box on my own. it is not pretty, but then pretty doesn't always add db's. It is 4.13 cubes before displacement and 3. something after displacement. I still have a lot to do inside the box, but it did quite well without any improvements done to it yet. In initial testing, I was able to do 149.19db and at the show I did 149.2. I could probably do better with fully charged batteries. Not too bad for a small box. I have some pics. Tell me what you think.

Quote 0 0
pork chop
was looking at the thread that sorta lead up to this build, i am impressed, build looks good.
good job.
Chop
Quote 0 0
Master Yoda
funny thing is that the other build used two 12's? I scaled the box up to use two 15's? thought it would be cool to try it anyway? he did a good job building the box and this was just a start for him as he is wanting to do over a 150 on the dash. didn't get to clamp the amp to see what the cone rise and power was but I am sure he can get more out of it. at the show the box was turned to the side where sub and port were firing to the drivers side. strnge thing about the car is that it will do close to the same numbers weither it is faceing the drivers or passengers side? with in .1 db either direction? strange. I am sure with a little more testing he will et there maybe a differant box but it was worth a try either way! box worked gerat though!! congrats to danny for building his own box and making it work!!
Quote 0 0
pork chop
hell yeah, he can get there.
well i guess if it is the same either direction, that is one less thing to ponder on, huh?
hey Yoda, you get a chance , take a lookat my recent thread regarding my sub, thanks bro.
but if you get that power up a little.....150 is close.
Quote 0 0
Nemanja
what amp|?? is that a pair of 15's?
Quote 0 0
Master Yoda
it is with a Sundown SAZ3000 great amp!! and a pair of Nightshade Dual 2's
Quote 0 0
basshead69
Quote:
Originally posted by pork chop:
was looking at the thread that sorta lead up to this build, i am impressed, build looks good.
good job.
Chop
Thanks a lot man. I enjoyed building this box. I still need to do some improvements to the inside and I can possibly get that 150 sealed. Also fully charged batteries would also help. I did several test burps prior to the show.
Quote 0 0
basshead69
Quote:
Originally posted by Nemanja:
what amp|?? is that a pair of 15's?
Just like Yoda said, a Sundown SAZ3000D and 2 Sundown Audio Nightshade dual 2 ohm 15's.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy