Stanislavs
Hi! I want to tell about my system, and have some questions.
So, i have 87's Golf II.
This car was build for street B.
I have 15inch Type R Alpine and Power Acoustic amp.
We calculeted power, this **** gives ~1300 watts.
With this i got 145db on termlab.
Now i dont know, what to do to get more.
I have 5x50mm^2 cables to + and 5x50mm^2 to -.
Battery is stock, but better than Varta Silver e44.
Box is ~84 liters and there are 4x 4 inch aero ports. Im planning to buy GZ 10000, but now i wish to get more from my old components. Sorry for stupid english. Thanks
Quote 0 0
Nightshade
If your able to get one I'd switch from 4 4" ports to a single 8" port. That should be a decent little gain for you right there. I can't say how much exactly, but could be up to a db. Which way are your sub and port firing to? I would think that sub up and port to the driver's side externally would be one of the loudest combinations in the car. If you try that make sure to push the box all the way into the passenger side corner of the hatch. I'll try to help more once you give a bit more information.
Quote 0 0
Stanislavs
Here are photos http://fotki.lv/lv/stasiks76/687874/
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
it looks like the box would be illegal for street B. looks to be over the windowline in back. and it actually goes by the lowest windowline, which is probably the front doors, typically lower than the back window.

and is the box made of particle board?
Quote 0 0
Stanislavs
I think, yes, of particle board.
About windowline, true. Now this box is about 2cm lower and ~1-2 liters smaller. We removed top panel, and you can see this panel in picks
Quote 0 0
Nightshade
I'll help you out a bit here. Here is my setup that I run that is legal for street b. It is a single Sundown Audio Nightshade 15" dual 1 ohm sub and is powered by 2 Sundown Audio saz2000d's that are wired at .5 ohms strapped. The sub is getting about 5200 watts and I can do a 152.6 on the dash with that particular setup. All the details of the box are in the thread. Make your box look more like mine in the way that the port and sub both are on the enclosure.

http://audioforum.termpro.com/topic/3/7140.html
Quote 0 0
Sinister-David
and also i would build your next box out of MDF or birch and get away from particle board its total SH*t for a sub box. i bet u would gain just from that alone
Quote 0 0
Stanislavs
I will try to make from MDF in future, but i think it will not give more than 0.5db...
Quote 0 0
Sinister-David
not to be mean but being going from particle board to MDF and the way the box u have now looks(bad shape) u might gain alot more then that that box isn't sealed at the top and flexs alot i bet. also build it so that all edges overlap so there is no step like u have on the box u run now
Quote 0 0
Nightshade
Another thing from looking at your pictures you have the ports facing the passenger side and I bet that they would be louder facing the driver's side. You could even try facing the woofer back and the ports to the driver's side. I would bet that would be louder than the way you have it now too. Mdf will be much louder than particle board. Birch will be louder than mdf. I've seen in some cases birch is a full db louder than mdf so I'm sure you would gain at least a db going to mdf over particle board.
Quote 0 0
bigdogluis
You should definetly use MDF and also fire your ports towards the driver side thahelped me with a 12" by 1.5dbsand try 1 port of 8" like that other guy said.

good luck
Quote 0 0
Stanislavs
Thank you guys for recomendations! Will try to make somethink
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy