dtbrown
I need an amp suggestion for finals that's close to the same power as a Digital Designs M4A or an amp that can 5k clamped power on one g31 battery but under 26" long. Also if the amp is easily available to purchase. Nothing that would take a month to have shipped.

I've been all over on the forums and I've looked into DC audio 5k but power test results are fairly far off from an M4a.

Looked into Atomic 5000.1 but can't find any testing results for that amp but assume it's similar to DC audio.

Any suggestions with some real world test results would be appreciated.
Quote 0 0
jaychocolate
An option could be the M1s. Very strong on low voltage.
http://www.b2-audio.com/m1s.html
Quote 0 0
Team DD Belgium - Dieter
Quote:
Originally posted by dtbrown:
I need an amp suggestion for finals that's close to the same power as a Digital Designs M4A or an amp that can 5k clamped power on one g31 battery but under 26" long. Also if the amp is easily available to purchase. Nothing that would take a month to have shipped.

I've been all over on the forums and I've looked into DC audio 5k but power test results are fairly far off from an M4a.

Looked into Atomic 5000.1 but can't find any testing results for that amp but assume it's similar to DC audio.

Any suggestions with some real world test results would be appreciated.
That's a very difficult question.
The M4a is one of the most powerfull amps for its size.
I think the the AT5k is way less loud than the M4a. A Z2lv would murder an AT5k with over 1dB and the M4a is not far of the Z2lv on a single battery system.
Quote 0 0
dtbrown
Quote:
Originally posted by jaychocolate:
An option could be the M1s. Very strong on low voltage.
http://www.b2-audio.com/m1s.html
Sent you an email
Quote 0 0
dtbrown
Quote:
Originally posted by Team DD Belgium - Dieter:
Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by dtbrown:
I need an amp suggestion for finals that's close to the same power as a Digital Designs M4A or an amp that can 5k clamped power on one g31 battery but under 26" long. Also if the amp is easily available to purchase. Nothing that would take a month to have shipped.

I've been all over on the forums and I've looked into DC audio 5k but power test results are fairly far off from an M4a.

Looked into Atomic 5000.1 but can't find any testing results for that amp but assume it's similar to DC audio.

Any suggestions with some real world test results would be appreciated.
That's a very difficult question.
The M4a is one of the most powerfull amps for its size.
I think the the AT5k is way less loud than the M4a. A Z2lv would murder an AT5k with over 1dB and the M4a is not far of the Z2lv on a single battery system.
Appreciate the feedback. Yeah the m4a is a killer amp just when trying to fit 4 in our set up for finals we're running into space issues. Three fit fine but I know 4 will be a challenge. Surprisingly 2" shorter would help quite a bit.
Quote 0 0
bluewagon
Yo Jeff, are you interested in parting with your 4 m4a's? if so lemme know please.
Quote 0 0
dtbrown
Quote:
Originally posted by bluewagon:
Yo Jeff, are you interested in parting with your 4 m4a's? if so lemme know please.
We'll can't find anything as strong and a little shorter so probably just going to keep them and make them work somehow.
Quote 0 0
Manny
Stetsom 7k2d or 7k2e series amps. But as you said, it would take about 5 months to get them!!!!
Quote 0 0
reaper68
Mmats is supposed to be coming out with a 8 or 12k in something like an 18" chassis
Quote 0 0
dtbrown
reaper68 wrote:
Mmats is supposed to be coming out with a 8 or 12k in something like an 18" chassis


Well if that is the case that would be something to look into. But I'll believe it when I see it.
Quote 0 0
bluewagon
reaper68 wrote:
Mmats is supposed to be coming out with a 8 or 12k in something like an 18" chassis


the question is though are they strappable. I do recall in the past that alot of matts amps were not strappable.
Quote 0 0
ssluke
the brand new shok 5k would be a good suggestion , pretty sure thats the same board as the cactus k5 , and dc 5k
Quote 0 0
Nightshade
I would talk to Murilo. Probably the smallest footprint for the most power anywhere on earth.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy