nickword 1
hello everyone i am new to this forum it sure dose look like a great place to come to get info i have been looking up all kinds of powerful sub names like atomic apocalypse treo engineering fi btl orion mmats re audio sundown ground zero shocker audio all kinds of big names, anyways. lol i got my self a brand new in plastic and box treo ssi 18 only problem is its 4 ohms i looked online and they make 2 ohm and 4 ohm models of the ssi 18 both 1000 watt rms. hears the link.

http://www.treoonline.com/ssi.html

well my question is what amp will be perfect for this subwoofer. its so hard to find a 1000 watt rms amp at 4 ohms and the ones that i do find are all huge go like 2000-2500 watt rms at 2 ohms and some go 3000-4000 at 1 ohm. so you know these amps are huge lol. its hard to find a amp thats small and 1000 watt rms at 4 ohms. hears one i found but its a bit pricey. http://www.atomicspeakers.com/3000d.html

what kind of amp would you guys use to power this bad boy i got pics and will post them asap. thanks

[ 07-29-2010, 02:35 PM: Message edited by: nickword 1 ]
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
Those subs have two voicecoils-So, your subwoofer is DUAL 4ohm? If so, you are looking for an amp that does 1000-1200Wrms @ 2ohm, when you parallel the voicecoils.
JBL GTO1400 would be a good choice. Alpine makes some 1kW/2ohm amps. Boston GTA800M, Rockford Fosgate R1000-1d if your really on a budget.
RF T1000-1bd-cp would give you PLENTY of power. The new Constant Power series.The last one we did was rated 1000W@1ohm, but the birthsheet listed over 1500W @ 1ohm & 2ohm, and about 850@4ohm.
Quote 0 0
nickword 1
yah on each side of the back of the sub it has 2 speaker plugins with a sign on both that say 4 ohm. so i guess its dual 4 ohm. soooo i dont get it will i have to get a amp thats 4 ohm 1000 wat rms and run it 1 channel to the sub. im kinda new ot all this lol. or its ok to buy a 2 ohm amp idk im confused ima kinda new to this lol let me know thanks
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
you will want to buy a 2ohm stable, 1channel monoblock amplifier
Quote 0 0
nickword 1
great thanks.
Quote 0 0
nickword 1
CAN I RUN THE DUAL 4 OHM 1000 WATT TREO SSI 18 ON A JL AUDIO 1000/1 AMP ??? THOS AMPS ARE 1.5 TO 4 OHM SO WILL IT WORK ON MY SUB ???
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
yes, it''ll d0 great
Quote 0 0
casperskafs
I'd like to see that set up. Would be interesting to see. Go to google and search for rockford wiring wizard. It might help you understand how to hook it up to that amp.
Quote 0 0
nickword 1
great thanks for the info il look that up asap.right now im thinking of running these 2 model to my 18 treo ssi.

the jl audio 1000/1
and the
Rockford Fosgate R1000-1d

which 1 will work best for my sub. i can get the fosgate for 220. and get the jl audio 1000/1 for 340 which will work better for me ???
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
the JL is 10times the amplifier quality than the RF.
Quote 0 0
casperskafs
Quote:
Originally posted by D-Bass:
the JL is 10times the amplifier quality than the RF.
Agree
Quote 0 0
nickword 1
I GOT A CHOICE RIGHT NOW OF 2 AMPS. I CAN GET THIS AMP

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/ele/1926634248.html

OR GET A JL AUDIO GMAX 1200 AMP THERE BOTH AT THE SAME PRICE WHAT DO YOU THINK I SHOULD DO??
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
that craiglist advertisement is totally bunk. Nowhere does it say what model it is, and he shows pictures of several different amps. There's pictures of a MD1D and the MD2D....and neither of them put out 2000W. One of my coworkers saw me looking at that ad. He says at the last shop he worked at, he installed lots of those amps, and only half of them even worked out of the box. and that the Memphis 1500d was twice as loud.
I would not both with that craiglist post.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy