Instigator
Hey guys,
I purchased a 12 Relay system that looks like it was designed to run accessory headlights and whatnot. Obviously this can be used for other things, but what I am wanting to use it for is to hook up a bunch of my LED strips that I have.

What I want to do, is bypass the switch. I want it to be triggered by the amp remote turn on. I am also wanting to use this for my remote wires. Im not sure how many amplifiers a single remote wire can handle from an Aftermarket source, but I am running 2 subwoofer amps, 1 4 channel amp and will be adding a second 2 channel amp. So 4 amps total and then I want to run several LED strips. I dont want to run my LED's and my 4 amps off of the remote turn on wire as I am pretty sure that is asking too much power to be supplied.

So like I said, it has a switch, but I want to bypass the switch. I have absolutely no knowledge of relays. So being as detailed as possible will help.

Here is what I have.

Please help
Quote 0 0
Instigator

I'm not even sure if I have it wired up correctly. lol

Your help is much appreciated.
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
85- Rem.Turn On
86- Ground
30- 12V+ supply power
87- to amps/led's 12v+
Quote 0 0
Instigator
Awesome. Thanks!
Quote 0 0
Instigator
Awesome. Thanks for the help guys.

How many amplifiers do you think a remote wire can handle before resorting to a relay?

I dont want to damage my $1500 navigation unit, so Im going to do it anyway since I'm going to be running LED's in both slot ports, then multiple LED LED strips to light up my amplifiers, crossovers, distribution blocks, and inline fuse holders on my back amp rack. I know LED's dont draw that much current, but I think running 4 amps and all of the LED's would tax that single remote turn on wire.
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
at three amplifiers, i typically add a relay. Most headunits will only output 200-250mA. most amps need about 60-90mA for turn-on
Quote 0 0
AudioAnonymous
D-Bass wrote:
at three amplifiers, i typically add a relay. Most headunits will only output 200-250mA. most amps need about 60-90mA for turn-on

I have turned on 8 amps no problems with my headunit. Never had a problem with it.
Quote 0 0
olimpiad12
85- Rem.Turn On
86- Ground
30- 12V+ supply power
87- to amps/led's 12v+
bluetooth wireless speakers
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy