thumpintruckred
I am putting my 5.25" ADS comps in the a-pilars, but i never got tweeters with them.

MB Quart? I'm trying to get good sound with the rest of my ADS stuff, but def not looking to break the bank.

*side question: When I jam really hard, I get a popping sound. It use to send my amp into protect but has since stopped when i rechecked the wires to everything (front drivers door). Could that tweeter be going out and popping?
Quote 0 0
Andy Jones
You have 5 1/4's in the apillars? How did you get air space for them? What do you have them crossed over at? How are they not blocking vision out the front window?

With the tweeters what frequency range do you need them to play? What power do you have for them? What processing?
Quote 0 0
thumpintruckred
They are soon to be in the pilars. They will be enough air space I hope. They are crossed over at 100hz currently, due to issues with the popping I raised my crossover points all around trying to eliminate the issue. Vision will not be hindered.

I am pushing everything (2-6.5" mids, 1 tweeter per front door, then the 5.25" mid and 1 tweeter per a-pilar) with a kicker 750.4. Im just using the alpine head unit, no other processor.
Quote 0 0
Andy Jones
Do you have passive crossovers? Or do you have the 2 6.5's and the 5 1/4" all on channels 1 and 2 and the tweeters on channels 3 and 4?

I'm trying to understand your system before I suggest something that won't work.
Quote 0 0
thumpintruckred
Front doors are are on the front (1,2) and the 5 1/4" are on the rear (3,4)
Quote 0 0
thumpintruckred
just running amp > crossover > mid / tweet (front door)

rear (soon to be a-pilar) amp > crossover > mid
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
I wouldn't run anything bigger than 3.5" in the A-pillar because of airspace issues. You just can't get decent response below the vocal range otherwise.
Quote 0 0
Andy Jones
I wouldn't put any midrange in the apillar--and I won a MECA SQ world championship with a midrange in the apillar. To get it to sound decent takes so much work it is stupid.

I've heard a lot of apillar set ups. The ones that SQ guys tweaked forever sounded good. The ones that the guys had never done real SQ tuning made me want to kick a puppy.

On the tweeter, what passive are you using, and what is the crossover point/slope in it?
Quote 0 0
21LBSOFBOOST
hey try the american bass sq t2 mine see 150 wrms daily with no trouble! i like a soft dome
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy