2doorcavy
well.. i have went from 4 tens to 2 15s.. loved the 10s but im tryin out something new and different. wanted to take some pictures while i was putting the box together but i forgot my camera

but here is the box in my car. was a very right squeeze! height was ok.. wide wise.. subs touching was to big so i had to notch out sides.. but i got it to work. as of right now.. the point of this built was to test these subs.. see what i thought of them so i can put them into another car i have in the future for a much larger build.

how it sounds currently.. plays verry low. on the high notes.. it sounds very funny tho.. like as if the subs are maxing out.. but i dnt really think that could be the case. because i have a amp that is no where near rated for these subs running them currently.

im not sure if by puttin more power on them it will take care of this issue. as for why they are inverted. i left um like that so i could see what (smell) them. what they dont like. because the box is sealed.

i still have a lot to do to this enclosure and surrounding parts. to start off i was going to seal everything off .. still want to resin the box as well.

anyone maybe have an idea as to why my subs sound so funny on high notes?
Quote 0 0
john-hone
how big is the box? might be way to big.
Quote 0 0
2doorcavy
on the inside of the box it is 3.9 cubes... according to memphis and there specs for optimal use of these subs is 3.6 .. but the displacement for the subs is .15 per sub. i have yet to try and put them back into the enclosure. think that would help?
Quote 0 0
2doorcavy
come 2 think of it john. u have me thinkin. and im almost positive i do have the right amount of airspace.. but i cant remember the dimensions.. so now im thinkin that it being to big could be a possibility lol. i know what i'll be doing tommorow before work!
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
if you don't have enough power, that can cause things to sound sh!tty when you overdrive the system
Quote 0 0
lone blazer
you could use your highs amp to put more power to those subs lol
Quote 0 0
2doorcavy
lol i wish i could use my highs amp. but then i wouldnt have highs.

@ john. i realized after taking my subs out that you where right and the box is 2 big for the subs by a lil.. but after putting the subs back in the box.. displacement of those. and the bracing it brought me to where i needed to be.. 3.6 is what i was shooting for. 3.7 is where im at currently. think that lil bit will make that big of an impact?

@ d-bass. im hurtin 4 power man. sucks having no power goin to these subs.. wan2 see what they really got!

im preppin tho. 4 when i get new amps n what not. here's some pics 4 u guys on what i did today.

dnt pay attention to the last pic. very messy but it was getting dark out.. couldnt really see.. and i just wanted 2 hear the subs lol

thing i confused about tho is the high notes still sound a lil funky.. better.. dnt sound as bad as they did b4. but still a li lfunny

Quote 0 0
Team Prodigy Mike
What happened with your old amps?? You had the ss Rubicon 2500 right??
Quote 0 0
2doorcavy
i did mike. but im back in school now.. and had 2 sell stuff to buy books n what not.. left my full time job that i got with my 1st degree but then went back to miniumum wage at circle k while i was in school. but .. b4 i knew it. i found myself working at another car audio shop again lol. making more money and falling right back into getting loud again haha. so these the new subs i working with

and that lil us amps is on the subs currently just so i have somethin to make um move.
Quote 0 0
2doorcavy
UPDATE. i am no longer having issues with the subs sounding funny on the high notes. i put a bigger amp on the subs and they sounded great! except they wer still sorta soundin funny. realized my box was tryin to play more like a bandpass then anything. but i dont have enough room in the front to make my loading wall.. unless i wanted to go into the back seat of my car.

so outa curiousity and from being told by a few people i flipped the box around and am firing the subs toward teh trunk. boy did it make a difference! cant wait to see what it can possibly do on a mic lol. i miss competing
Quote 0 0
lone blazer
post pics or it didnt happen! lol
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy