Master Yoda
I have been logging this build on a different site and thought that I would move it over. well the whole thing started when I took a new job out of town and now have to drive 90 miles one way to work!! so I had to pull my sytem out of my trunk car and start a new build just for spl. I hvae planned on this build being a long term build but it was nice to get it out and do some numbers even though it is far from being tunned or finnished yet.

here are the pics:

Quote 0 0
Master Yoda

Quote 0 0
Master Yoda

Quote 0 0
Master Yoda

Quote 0 0
Master Yoda

Quote 0 0
Master Yoda

Quote 0 0
Master Yoda
did some testing still not real big numbers yet but now I have to replace the windshield!!

Quote 0 0
18inchjeepin
impessive, 6th order no wall?
Quote 0 0
winslow
Looks more like a series tuned 4th order.
Quote 0 0
MoparBass28
Looks good. What numbers so far ?
Quote 0 0
Terry Jackson
lookin good
Quote 0 0
Master Yoda
it is a seris tuned 6th order in a nowall setup!!
I will have to say this has been a hard build this far but
i am sure that if I can get it tunned in right that it will be well worth the work. now I have plenty of time to do some testing to get it right.
not rel happy with the numbers so far but I havn't done anything to seal up the van yet. I was able to get a 151db legal on the dash with two amps wired at 1 ohm each wit a pair of the lower end Sundown Z's (step below the Nightshades) and those are only 1000 watt subs
I am still short a few batteries but will have them soon and also this has been my first attempt at a sith order so I know it will be a while before I get it just right. but I would think that over a 151db with no tunning was a good start in a big van like this??
Quote 0 0
winslow
There is no port for the back chamber. How is that 6th order? Series tuned 6th order would have 3 ports total. Series tuned 4th order would have 2 ports...which is what you've shown so far in the pictures.
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
winslow, i think you are mistaken.
sealed box into a ported would be 4th order(1port)

ported box into a ported box is series 6th order(2ports)

box with port on both sides of the woofer is parallel 6th(2ports)

parallel 6th with both ports playing into another ported chamber is 8th order(3 ports)
Quote 0 0
Master Yoda
it makes to differance to me what you call the box as long as it will get loud! but you also might to look at this site as well!!

http://www.caraudiohelp.com/custom_car_audio_boxes/custom_car_audio_boxes.htm

direct qoute from the page

"There are also dual reflex designs (6th order) in which both enclosures are vented and series tuned designs in which the woofer and first vent fires into the second vented enclosure."
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy