Wayne Harris Show full post »
scoupen
Quote:
Originally posted by ssluke:
keep in mind your average shop will only sell average equipment , the costs assoicated with selling high end gear are very high , its alot harder to make a proffit with the higher end companys , thats why you seee shops selling the clairion , alpine , pioneer rockford , hiffonics stuff because for the cost of 1 of the higher end subs lower lines they can get 10 of the lower companys products , its all about making a proffit , i use high end gear , but i understand as to why most shops carry lower end because carrying high end is very costly , they have to do this in order to stay in buisness
You are close.....but the bigger problem is that the shops have to compete directly against the manufacturer or their distributors for sales to the end user with the majority of the "higher-end" companies you speak of. When the average joe, who has never competed or won a championship, can call said manufacturers and get on their "team"s and get better than dealer pricing, there is a problem with their distribution model and pricing levels. I've always maintained you don't have to gouge someone to make a living, but to have a customer come in and tell me he can get it cheaper than I can as an authorized dealer? There is something wrong with that.
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
and there's part of the reason we quit carrying kicker. You can find it online sometimes cheaper than we can get it as an authorized retailer. and then moving to wholesale house, we gave up and focus on better protected lines.
Quote 0 0
rbdbdrag
hmmmmmm very interesting,,,,,,,
Quote 0 0
scoupen
I wasn't talking about Kicker. I was talking about the smaller companies that talk about how they "support" dbDrag, while they are fukking their dealers over....along with the industry.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy