SPL Creator
I have the newest update for TermLab along with the Event Promoter Upgrade and there's supposed to be an option to update peoples score right to their FaceBook page while running an event. I have an internet connection but can't get it to work. How do I get this option to work?
Quote 0 0
Wayne Harris
The FB feature will post the scores for the most recent run during a competition to the FB wall of whatever user is logged in to FB on the computer that is running Term-LAB.

1. Establish an internet connection on the computer running Term-LAB>
2. Open a browser and log in to your Facebook account. Normally, FB will leave you logged in on the computer.
3. Launch Term-LAB.
4. Click on "Tools / Hardware Configuration".
5. Click on the "Network" tab. (You do NOT need the Event Promoter Pro option to enable the Facebook feature.
6. Enable the Facebook feature.
7. Start your contest.
8. After you "RECORD" the score for a competitor during competition, another window will pop up asking if you want to post the data to Facebook.

In the next release, I will be moving the FB button to the main page of Term-LAB.
Keep it Loud! Make me Proud!
[1396a0]
Quote 0 0
CookieMonster
Sounds interesting!

I will test this out at my upcoming show Saturday
Quote 0 0
SPL Creator
Ok, so if I'm running the event it will post everyones scores to my Facebook wall?

Wonder if it's possible to make it so each time we use a competitors email address when registering them it will post their own scores to their wall after they finish their runs(and not to my wall). Not sure if it's possible or not.
Quote 0 0
CookieMonster
Hey Wayne,

I can post scores to my name on Facebook no problem.

Can it be set to post to a page and not under my actual name account?

I have a page for Carolina Spl and a page for the store Stereo Video Center.
However, it will only update score under my name.
Quote 0 0
SPL Creator
I believe you need to be logged into your Carolina SPL FB account when you start TermLab in order for it to post to that page. Downside for me is I have the same email address for both my personal and business FB pages.
Quote 0 0
CookieMonster
Carolina Spl is just a page. I can only access it if logged by my name.
Maybe I need to create a new account?
Quote 0 0
Sully
What's the Event ID and PIN? Do I need to have these in order to post results to Facebook?
Quote 0 0
SPL Creator
Quote:
Originally posted by Sully:
What's the Event ID and PIN? Do I need to have these in order to post results to Facebook?
Nope, you don't need them. Those might be something for a dB Drags event, but it's not required for a generic format.
Quote 0 0
Wayne Harris
If you are hosting an event that is on our calendar (dBDRA or IASCA), if you input the Event_ID then the facebook posts on the events Official Page will be used.

The PIN is not currently required.
Keep it Loud! Make me Proud!
[1396a0]
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy