84monsterSS
hello all, im david from rutledge tennessee with a prostreet monte carlo
i have a pretty good system in the monte, its a jvc pdr30, with 4G ipod, 2 12 kicker cvr12s, and a 4000watt amp
im wanting to get a box built for them to sit on the rear shelf in my trunk, i have them in a wedge box now, and they sound great, but i want to open up more space in the trunk
does anyone have any pics of your box?
im also wanting to get an alarm on her too, one that can page me when my car is being tampered with, and also have plans for a dvd monitor and player, just cant figure out where to put the monitor (maybe pop up out the glove box)
but im really needing to know whats the best products out there now, with a good price, and profesional install tips & pics to help me with mine
thanks for the help guys, this looks like a great forum here, & glad to join in
heres a few pics of my monte
aka 84monsterSS
aka the original monstercarlo

Quote 0 0
pimpin at my house
first off you need to send everyone a shot of whisky!

what is the brand of the amp? i'm asking because i am thinking is is 4k peak, those subs wont handle more than 500rms per daily...
Quote 0 0
84monsterSS
it says 4000 but im sure its not
heres a link of it, cheap amp, but sounds great to me
http://cgi.ebay.com/PYLE-4000-WATT-CHOPPER-SERIES-AMPLIFIER-PLA2260-/330378493627?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item4cec17bebb

and whats with a shot of whiskey?
Quote 0 0
kraven moorehead
beautiful car and honey dude, welcome to Db-drag!
Quote 0 0
84monsterSS
thanks
Quote 0 0
pimpin at my house
ur from tn and thats where its all made, so pour the shot,lol.

that amp isnt worth running a power wire for my guess would be about 500rms of output...
Quote 0 0
84monsterSS
Quote:
Originally posted by pimpin at my house:
ur from tn and thats where its all made, so pour the shot,lol.

that amp isnt worth running a power wire for my guess would be about 500rms of output...
might not be competition ready like lots of u guys, but it really sounds good in the monte on them 12s, im happy with it, and not wanting to upgrade (just yet)
just wanting to get some advice on the box type, location, size, and some info on the dvd/monitor, and alarm system
as of now i just unplug my msd box to kill all the electrical to engine, but a theif would have my radio, and system in minutes, along with everything else in there
Quote 0 0
84monsterSS
few pics of the interior
im NOT wanting to cut the dash any, due to the fact of her being an antique now, and great shape, but maybe a way to have a 7-10in monitor pop up from the glove box or sumthing like that...
any ideas?
interior

the engine

the monster

the monster in april 2007

3 years and close to 11Gs to get her the way she sits now, but its been a fun project
engine was dyno 433hp 441tq
the interior is custom, the 4th gen monte carlo's did not come with black....

1/4 Mile ET: 11.951
1/4 Mile MPH: 117.780
1/8 Mile ET: 7.673
1/8 Mile MPH: 90.840
0-60 Foot ET: 1.776
Quote 0 0
pimpin at my house
best bet is a 7" cd,dvd player that fits in a regular din opening.

for alarm get ultrastart and if you want get 1 with a 2 way pager...
Quote 0 0
84monsterSS
got a link on them?
Quote 0 0
MREZSTREET
Corey is a missin link. Welcome. A ported box with a 4" areo port be ez to do and fair output w/ that set of 12's.
Quote 0 0
84monsterSS
anyone have any pics of and G bodys with a box?
Quote 0 0
MREZSTREET
I had a 86 carlo w/t tops back in HS. Was pimp custom 6k$ pain job. I had 4 jl 10w1's. Then 3 jl 12w6's then went 2 3 10w6's off a soundstream class A 6.0
Quote 0 0
casperskafs
Wow nice car man. I love the before and after pics really shows the work you've done.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy