2000LaDe Show full post »
Loudcav
Quote:
Originally posted by 2doorcavy:
awesome.. then i may just have to do that lol.. a ball park number on what that gon2 run me? lol i kno im askin a lot o questions so thanks for the help!
honestly its been too long and I did alot of other stuff with them so I dont have a clue any more D-Bass would be the best person to answer that since he works at a shop
Quote 0 0
The Repo Man
Quote:
Originally posted by D-Bass:
those vehicles aren't too bad for adding the power windows, and they probably are SPAL's. That's what most places use. Some cars are a nightmare. so cars just can't be added with aftermarket equipment
Those kits have been around for years, biggest problem is the plastic gearing used on the window crank. It tends to break or slip off after awhile.
Quote 0 0
2doorcavy
hmm.. well im pretty sure i still wan2 go ahead with it.. thanks a lot for the help! i been wantin to do this for a while.. just never really got around to it.. and now seeing it on this cavalier is just the more reason to do it now lol
Quote 0 0
2000LaDe
well i took some videos tonight so its a little dark but u can kinda get the idea of it.

vid of just the system.

sub movin

GO COLTS!

Quote 0 0
2000LaDe
still havent charged the batteries and been beating on the subs alld ay i decided to put the meter on it again

30hz

45hz

there is an EASY 154 in this once we get some things tuned in and a better headunit.
Quote 0 0
Nightshade
Quote:
Originally posted by Loudcav:
the Subs are D2 each amp is seeing .66ohms we have a couple changes that can be made Ive got a maxxlink and it isnt hooked up so that might be worth some also the alt in this thing dosent put anything out at Idle Ive got a smaller pulley and I want to put on a better serp belt if that dosent work out I might be looking at a new 300 amp alt
The reason why I asked what ohm the coils were is because I origionally thought that they were dual 1's and the lowest you would be able to run them was at 1.5 ohms strapped which would put each amp at .75 ohms. I was going to suggest 2 things based on what ohm the coils were.

1. Was that you run dual 2's so you could get to the impedence that you are at now.

And

2. Was to see if it would be that hard for Jake to get some dual 4 ohm Nightshade coils (since they're not made it may or may not be an issue, but a good dual 4 ohm coil is not all that hard to track down and could easily be built into recones more than likely without any real issues unless the 4 ohm coils were too wide to fit in the gap of the Nightshade motor)

Anyway the point is that if you were able to get dual 4's you could strap the amps at .66 and each would see .33 and would easily increase the score by 1-1.5 db's.

Hank, that was the easy gain I was talking about and why I inquired on the coils of the subs lol
Quote 0 0
ericw313
gives a whole new coolness look to the cavalier man thats got to be loud in there.
Quote 0 0
Loudcav
only problem with that Zach is that the alt dosent charge at Idle and it drops below 12 volts so Im not so sure that lowering my impedence would give me any extra power due to the added power draw
Quote 0 0
Nightshade
Quote:
only problem with that Zach is that the alt dosent charge at Idle and it drops below 12 volts so Im not so sure that lowering my impedence would give me any extra power due to the added power draw
You may be right about that low of an impedence on a stock alt, but I ran my 2 2000's strapped at .5 ohms off a stock at and a pair of D3100's and it made quite a bit of difference over running them strapped at 1 ohm. I'm only talking about the total power output of the amps too which was about 1200 watts more when I was able to drop down to .25 per amp opposed to .5 per amp. I have a feeling that I would gain much more now if I were to redo the tests since I've added a high output alt to the car and even at idle it will do a solid 198 amps.
Quote 0 0
ttimhouse74
Looks good guys keep up the good work!!!

[ 01-25-2010, 01:40 PM: Message edited by: ttimhouse74 ]
Quote 0 0
2000LaDe
Quote:
Originally posted by Nightshade:
Quote:
quote:
You may be right about that low of an impedence on a stock alt, but I ran my 2 2000's strapped at .5 ohms off a stock at and a pair of D3100's and it made quite a bit of difference over running them strapped at 1 ohm. I'm only talking about the total power output of the amps too which was about 1200 watts more when I was able to drop down to .25 per amp opposed to .5 per amp. I have a feeling that I would gain much more now if I were to redo the tests since I've added a high output alt to the car and even at idle it will do a solid 198 amps.
i would not trust daily driving .25 ohm per amp. i know it does it but why do it if you dont have too. its plenty loud as is.
Quote 0 0
stewie
looks good
Quote 0 0
Nightshade
Nick, have you heard the car yet?
Quote 0 0
Loudcav
Quote:
yes I went up there last weekend
Quote 0 0
Nightshade
Quote:
Quote:
quote:
yes I went up there last weekend
Do you have it back yet or is Hank still working on it?

Also when you guys come through NC for SBN you should let me know. I wouldn't mind meeting up with you along I-77 somewhere to maybe get some demos and say hi.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy