casperskafs Show full post »
Alemuthafukinjandro
Even with the 60 hz cap, the Panda's will still dominate. Maybe not by as much, but they will still hold an advantage. I like the lower frequency cap though. I think it should have been brought down to 50 hz though. That would have leveled things out even more with lots of other vehicles. Most street crx's play right around 60 hz anyway.
Quote 0 0
casperskafs
Quote:
Originally posted by murilo@soundigital.com.br:
Wayne, I really like the new rules and classes, but I think there is still time to cut street A and B number of amplifiers to only 1 and 2, respectively. The amps got so big that we are pushing the mechanical limit of these 10 and 12" subs too far, specially now with the vehicles running, I can forsee 15-16kW being applied in street A now.
^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^
Quote 0 0
AmmoJammo
Quote:
Originally posted by murilo@soundigital.com.br:
Wayne, I really like the new rules and classes, but I think there is still time to cut street A and B number of amplifiers to only 1 and 2, respectively. The amps got so big that we are pushing the mechanical limit of these 10 and 12" subs too far, specially now with the vehicles running, I can forsee 15-16kW being applied in street A now.
but thats the whole point!

whether you have one Soundigital 16kd, or two, running off a single battery, you're not going to gain anything!

limiting street a to a single amp simple means that someone running two small amps strapped, now gets bumped up to Street B, allowing two batteries, and potentially having to compete with someone who has 20,000watts!

allowing two amps in Street A isn't an advantage to competitors with high power, its an advantage to those with less power, smaller budgets, or weird impedance subs.

I don't see why everyone is so against two amps in Street A?
Quote 0 0
casperskafs
You do have a good point Ammo. I guess it just makes me feel better going against one amp instead of 2.
Quote 0 0
bland1
Yes you do gain having 2 large amps over one.

All allowing 2 amps does is add another $1500+ to spend to be competitive, and that doesn't include the extra wiring that would be needed
Quote 0 0
AmmoJammo
Quote:
Originally posted by casperskafs:
You do have a good point Ammo. I guess it just makes me feel better going against one amp instead of 2.
but wouldn't you rather that in the future, you could add a second amp the same as the one you already have, strap them, and NOT get bumped into Street B?

At the end of the day, it'll be the battery limiting the power anyway, and whether you have 10,000watts, or 20,000 watts to one or two woofers, chances are you're not going to gain a whole lot!
Quote 0 0
casperskafs
Yea I would like to get another 6500 and strap um but man just the one sucks my juice bad. Might not be so bad now that I can run my car though
Quote 0 0
AmmoJammo
Quote:
Originally posted by bland1:
Yes you do gain having 2 large amps over one.

All allowing 2 amps does is add another $1500+ to spend to be competitive, and that doesn't include the extra wiring that would be needed
no, you MIGHT gain, there's no guarantee.

sure, you might see a 0.3dB gain going from one 16kw amp to two...

woopdedoo!

as I said, its not competitors with high power that it gives an advantage to, its those with less power.

No reason you couldn't see a 2dB gain going from a single 4kw amp, to two strapped.

there's no logical reason two amps strapped in Street A shouldn't be allowed.

Yeah, it adds cost... IF YOU BUY TWO AMPS!!!! you don't have to though!!!
Quote 0 0
bland1
Tell the person that gets second at finals by 0.3db that a second amp would have been pointless.

Ask anyone who's been in the game for a while how hard it is to gain even 0.1db. If I could gain 0.3 from a second amp I will eventually have to make the purchase to be at the top of the game, but I'm not going to be to happy doing it.
Quote 0 0
AmmoJammo
Quote:
Originally posted by bland1:
Tell the person that gets second at finals by 0.3db that a second amp would have been pointless.

Ask anyone who's been in the game for a while how hard it is to gain even 0.1db. If I could gain 0.3 from a second amp I will eventually have to make the purchase to be at the top of the game, but I'm not going to be to happy doing it.
and if you make it to the finals with only one amp, of course you'd add a second one before finals!

we aren't talking about first and second in finals, we're talking about every competitor, at every event!
Quote 0 0
Sonofthor
All I can say this new rules change nothing, only that some competitors need to spend many add. $$$$

For me I will buy a big big alt, build a bigger box with 10hz lower tuning for my Marbella and still will play 159+ dbzzz... now in Street A
...we tested the Marbella on 50hz also, and all i can say, it works

1 amp for Street a is a stubid idee. Now you are limited to 10000Watts because of 1 batterie. You can buy 2 cheap 5k amps or 9 k amps to get the 10000Watts.
If only 1 amp is allowed you need to by a stetsom, taramps, sd with 20000-30000 watts rating to get the 10kWatts and these amps are not cheap Or you buy a double board amp.....
1 amp makes it only more expensive!!!

...and the subs are not anyway on the limit, 5000Watts for a Apxx *gg*, look at Super Street they subs take 30000Watts )
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy