AudioXtremes
I was trying to find out if they are the same since the web site describes them differently.

This is what http://www.energy1batteries.com/ had to say.

Much of the info on the G3100 is incorrect. It looks like a transcription error from a G2700 or G2400. The weight is wrong, CCA and MCA are wrong as well. I go to the factory and watch them build these, I know! I sell the G3100 to many top competitors such as Terry Brocks, Team Neo etc. Northstar doesn't want to sell the NSB90 into any market other than telecom because they use torque wrenches when tightening the terminals to factory spec. and don't strip out the threads. If you look closely at the G3100, you can see where they bolted the new connection bar on the NSB90 connection point and then epoxied over it. That made a much stronger connection and almost foolproof from stripping. A couple of dbdrag guys have blown the top off a G3100 and sure enough an NSB90 is underneath. They didn't believe until they saw it.

Harris
Quote 0 0
Conclusive
I heard the G3100 is .2 dB louder.
Quote 0 0
AudioXtremes
Quote:
Originally posted by Conclusive:
This may be because of the better connections but internally they are the same.
Quote 0 0
Conclusive
Quote:
Originally posted by AudioXtremes:
Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Conclusive:
This may be because of the better connections
Possibly, as the NSB 90 has a very tiny contact area. Then again, I heard this from a very loud Street guy in Suitland, Maryland. (not saying any names)
Quote 0 0
Team Hertz Kevin
I drilled and tapped our NSB 90 to use a 3/8" bolt. It worked so much better than that tiny one they come with.
Quote 0 0
PaulE
Hi can the nsb 90 or so called 3100 be driven with for everyday use or not thanks
Quote 0 0
john-hone
yes
Quote 0 0
Team Psycho Broken
they are the same battery... we use them in our ssnw vehicle. however we removed the extra plate on top with the goofy terminals when be drilled out the resin plugs we actually found resin inbetween the original battery terminal and the adapters they use so the only thing transfering the current was the bolt. They are nice batteries however I have only used them in a burp application not a daily one
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy