Wayne Harris
I believe that changes are necessary to insure the success of the dBDRA. I would like to see the following agenda items discussed in this forum.

dBDRA Organizational Structure - Officers, responsibilities, etc.

Certification - Judges training and certification. Event promoter contracts including responsibilities and restrictions.

Rules Committee - Class changes for 2011. Reduction in the number of classes offered. Simplification of the rules (including elimination of all rules that are problematic.)

World Finals Committee - Purpose of World Finals, Invitation Requirements, Overview (how it will work), etc.

Communications - Weekly communications with the dBDRA members and forums

Memberships - The current mechanism isn't working well. Should memberships be free to anyone? Should the dBDRA sell and ship ALL membership kits?
Keep it Loud! Make me Proud!
[1396a0]
Quote 0 0
HDBDRA
... so one thing at a time

CERTIFICATION
=============

There is a increasing phenomenon of pure judging that can only be recognized at major event like world finals when a lot of judges come together, and there you realize that there is Certified Judges that somehow made 3X events that they don't know Basic Rules, they haven't even read the rulebook or some of them using rules and definitions for 3-4 years in the past.

This Creates the exact opposite picture of what we strive to achieve the last 10 years, We always aim for uniformity in Judging !!!
Unfortunately this is not the case.
From my point we need to create a Judging Certification Table, with judges certification ranks from
1X - 3X
4X Judges will be only the rule comitee members and also responsible for head judging all Major Events.

Sanctioning requirements will be added to reflect our willing to improve judging quality asking
Min 2 1X judges or One 2X to officiate a 1X event
Min 2 2X judges or 1 3X to officiate a 2X event
Min 2 3X judges or 1 4X to officiate a 3X events

Also all Multi point Judges especially 3X must attend the World Finals in order to retain their status among other possible requirements. ( A specially provision can be made, so dbdra can allow a certain individual to retail its status, if we believe his absence was necessary and/or doesn't affect his/her judging qualities)

A 2X or 3X Judge CANNOT be a competitor or member of a competition team( That include also his family members)

We need to Organize Training Schedule for everyone so they can get re-certification.
We might also consider to do Judges Test or examination (maybe even on line... I have some ideas on that)

We also create a Certification table so everyone know its status and either automatically or thru the organizing committee or a certain individual we agree can check the requirement before update the status of an event to Multi Point.

There is also a few more details we can work for solving the certification issues
Quote 0 0
HDBDRA
RULES & RULES COMITEE
=====================

The main issue here that everyone needs to agree, is that we need to clarify what we try to achieve, to open our minds and think Globally and not each one of us based on particularities of his own territory.
We can use our experience based on problems we see, but when we create new rules is for the whole Globe.
dB Drag Racing is a global sport and it should be handled like that.
Also dbdrag is a great Brand name, so whatever we do, we need to take advantage of the current Brands, classes and so-forth, everything that is Good we keep it and maximize it.
Everything proven fail to achieve what it was designed for, need to be redesigned (like entry level classes called STREET).

I think all rule proposal must have the follwing main Objectives.

1. LESS = MORE
2. LESS PAGES IN RULEBBOK
3. LESS RULES
4. LESS CLASSES
5. LESS THINGS TO BE CHECKED DURING INPECTION

hopefully that will give us back

MORE FUN
MORE SPECTATOR FRIENDLY SHOW
MORE COMPETITORS !!!

The main thing we need to Focus is bring new competitors IN, cars already ready and playing out there
Quote 0 0
dB Don
I totally agree %100

On another note, James Chevret has missed 2 world finals in a row and also held certified events(regionals even) last year. He let so many things pass that when these competitors came to my show they were angry and confused when I told them you can't do certain things.

We need to have that test for all Judges and they must at least participate on this forum.
Quote 0 0
HDBDRA
Quote:
Originally posted by dB Don:
I totally agree %100

On another note, James Chevret has missed 2 world finals in a row and also held certified events(regionals even) last year. He let so many things pass that when these competitors came to my show they were angry and confused when I told them you can't do certain things.

We need to have that test for all Judges and they must at least participate on this forum.
Exactly describes the problems we face every world finals !!!
And keeping in mind that many of the judges never knew the rules in the first place ...
Quote 0 0
Wayne Harris
That is great Yiannis. Very good suggestions.

I would like to eliminate the Regional Championship. This requirment kept many contestants from participating in the WF. In addition, without certified judges in all areas, it is a problem to require a Regional event.
Keep it Loud! Make me Proud!
[1396a0]
Quote 0 0
HDBDRA
Quote:
Originally posted by Wayne Harris:
That is great Yiannis. Very good suggestions.

I would like to eliminate the Regional Championship. This requirment kept many contestants from participating in the WF. In addition, without certified judges in all areas, it is a problem to require a Regional event.
AGREE !!!
Lets make things a bit easier and more fun !!!
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy