redbaron80
Summary:
To give you an introduction, My name is Christian and I have been in the db drag scene since 1998. I finally got a chance to review the Jl Audio 12W7 in person with my own ears so here is my official review....

Set up - A single Jl Audio 12W7 in a sealed box wired to a Jl Audio 1000/1. This set up is in the hatch area of a 2001 Chevy camaro. NO alternator upgrade, and one red top optima battery up front and one yellow top in the back. With this set up the review begins...

First off, this sub has more output for a single 12 that I have ever heard. A single 12W7 in this vehicle is putting out 145-146 dbs. This is for a SEALED BOX, and the amp was turned to 1/3 of full power, because the owner wanted to protect his alternator. Any idea that this sub does not have SPL potential SHOULD BE CRUSHED. Second, after my first impressions of the output, I tried a variety of rap music and the response was very smooth on all music and the one thing I noticed is how powerful and deep the music sounds.
Never in my 6 years of listening to a sound system have I heard this kind of response out of ANY sub, and this is all coming out of this ONE 12 SEALED. This sub can handle an insane amount of power and could easily handle 2000 watts. I have personally seen this sub driven my the most insane buddies of mine at sound offs all around the state. My buddy ran (2) Rockford BD 1500
Quote 0 0
Meade916
You can only get this type of bass with the W7
Quote 0 0
Booming_Creation
id use a w7 as a paper weight. lol

its funny how he says its the best sub LOL
Quote 0 0
shaven99ranger
I'm hoping you posted this as a joke because there's no way any sane person would spend all that time typing that bull **** you posted above.
Quote 0 0
Gilligans Hitch
LOL @ the w7
Quote 0 0
Roland Deschain
I own a W7 and it resides in my daily driver. Best sub I have used, it sounds great and does everything well period. I have used various MTX drivers including the 9500, tested a MT, many Shocker, Kicker, Rockford, you name it and there is a good chance I have used it! Bottom line is this, in my experience when I want to put up numbers I use my Sigs or my TRF's in my drag vehicle but like I said, my W7 resides in my daily driver. Very expensive and probably not worth the cost but still as good a driver as can be found at any price.
Quote 0 0
bigb7000
Problems
1. Official because you say so?
2. SQ using RAP?
3. Blows away your 15" because you cannot design or build a good box!
4. Enough Said.
Quote 0 0
dee are
The only thing that's official about this post, is the manner in which redbaron80 got owned

On a side note, the W7 is a nice sub, but saying it's the best is simply incorrect especially when you haven't even tried it ported Different subwoofers suit different applications, end of discussion.
Quote 0 0
nomad40
all i know is in my 96 jimmy stock daily driver.
ported box 33 hz.
1 12w7
1 jl 1000-1 =
148.7 (outlaw on our new TL meter )
and still sounded very well for street use.

no i'am not saying this is the best SPL sub out there but is still a very good sub. except for the price..
my .02 worth..
bryan b.
Quote 0 0
JBurn
Two words:

DIGITAL DESIGNS.
Quote 0 0
nomad40
very good subs.
how about the ATOMIC APX ?
any input.
thx
Quote 0 0
redbaron80
Hey guys, Didn't know I would get flamed for a review on here, guess I am new to this thread board. Anyways, I mean to say " It's a great sub, not the best " that is personal opinion. Anyways , thankls for the replies, even the negatives,

take care CJ
Quote 0 0
redbaron80
And that was 145 ( On last years meters ) meant to put that in there.

redbaron80
Quote 0 0
Pioneer_Phan
well CJ, i don't know about ur opinion on W7 but i love ur civic!
i had seen it on the net like 6 month ago and i was looking to see ur SD page again for a long time
happy to have found u on termpro.

any wayz i like the W7. not "the best sub ever" but its a really good one.

GL CJ
Quote 0 0
Bocean
Quote:
Originally posted by nomad40:
all i know is in my 96 jimmy stock daily driver.
ported box 33 hz.
1 12w7
1 jl 1000-1 =
148.7 (outlaw on our new TL meter )
and still sounded very well for street use.

no i'am not saying this is the best SPL sub out there but is still a very good sub. except for the price..
my .02 worth..
bryan b.
Wow, that's a good score for one 12 and 1000 watts.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy