kraven moorehead Show full post »
kraven moorehead
if you can do it in Canada why cant we do it in the US?
Quote 0 0
Quote:
Originally posted by kraven moorehead:
if you can do it in Canada why cant we do it in the US?
Because it obviously is different then in Canada. Extracting the oil and making it usable is the major cost factor here. Labour rates are different too but not as big of a factor. Maybe in the future with better technology you guys will be able to tap this resource for a lower cost, because if it was possible today I am sure they would be pulling it out of the ground.
Quote 0 0
Iconoclast
Another interesting read...

http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/bakken.asp

The Bakken formation does not have 503 billion barrels... but 3.0-4.3 billion barrels of "technically recoverable" reserves (according to the actual USGS April '08 survey the email claimed to reference).

2041 years? No. One. One year.

There are a great many people who have a vested interest in spreading propaganda like this. It happens every day, just be careful what you believe.

edit: check out the quote in my sig everyone forgets to properly question these things from time to time.

[ 01-16-2010, 01:48 AM: Message edited by: Iconoclast ]
Quote 0 0
kraven moorehead
Quote:
Originally posted by Iconoclast:
Another interesting read...

http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/bakken.asp

The Bakken formation does not have 503 billion barrels... but 3.0-4.3 billion barrels of "technically recoverable" reserves (according to the actual USGS April '08 survey the email claimed to reference).

2041 years? No. One. One year.

There are a great many people who have a vested interest in spreading propaganda like this. It happens every day, just be careful what you believe.

edit: check out the quote in my sig everyone forgets to properly question these things from time to time.
I was just passing on what I read and did not question the validity of the claim but that it was interesting reading, You think that we consume 3-4 BILLION barrels of oil per day? I wonder what the actual amount of gasoline and deisel consumed in the US daily is????
Quote 0 0
TDOT
the article is stupid, it doesnt mention those places in the world who actually have ALOT of oil, only mentions those who have some oil.

Canada and Russia have more oil than all of those places put together, including USA. And they extract it without any problems. Canada being biotches that we are, sell 95% of it to the USA for the low low. But in Russia it's a totally different story.

Russia will rule the world again one day and nothing u will be able to do about it cuz u will be busy fighting your enviromentalist groups........who are funded by the Russian government. (just like Obama is)

your/America's real problem is not where to get oil or where to get it cheap. everyone knows you guys will go far and wide and knee deep in someone else's (and even your own) blood to get the oil. The real quest for USA is how to use oil efficiently. A concept America is only beggining to understand now.

there is ZERO oil or natural gas in the whole of Europe, those guys are fukked hard, they buy all of that from Russia at whatever price Russia tells them to pay. Yet, they still drive cars and fligh planes over there some how. It's called EFFICIENCY.
Quote 0 0
kraven moorehead
Quote:
Originally posted by TDOT:
the article is stupid, it doesnt mention those places in the world who actually have ALOT of oil, only mentions those who have some oil.

Canada and Russia have more oil than all of those places put together, including USA. And they extract it without any problems. Canada being biotches that we are, sell 95% of it to the USA for the low low. But in Russia it's a totally different story.

Russia will rule the world again one day and nothing u will be able to do about it cuz u will be busy fighting your enviromentalist groups........who are funded by the Russian government. (just like Obama is)

your/America's real problem is not where to get oil or where to get it cheap. everyone knows you guys will go far and wide and knee deep in someone else's (and even your own) blood to get the oil. The real quest for USA is how to use oil efficiently. A concept America is only beggining to understand now.

there is ZERO oil or natural gas in the whole of Europe, those guys are fukked hard, they buy all of that from Russia at whatever price Russia tells them to pay. Yet, they still drive cars and fligh planes over there some how. It's called EFFICIENCY.
Dude we put the fires out in the middle east and didnt take anything (no spoils of war) as a matter of fact we helped rebuild their ability to extract crude (dumbest thing I ever seen)and got hit hard in the pooper as a result of our giving the oil back.
America has not only an environmentalist problem we have a vanity problem, status in america is partially defined by a big car, a big house, a big ego........We are being humbled by our inability to compete on the global market with the middle east......I have a feeling that this is about to change, America isnt going to take this chitt to much longer, our economy cant take it and the people will eventually rise up and watch out when they do.......Time for a change??? Hell yes it is!!!
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy