o. l. t.
I need some information if anyone knows about 12" 3 ohm kicker comps from way back in the old school with a felt dustcap. Anyone know about them?

Quote 0 0
teamflorida AJ
Those subs if I remember right went in there loaded boxes. Original kicker had a bucking bronco on the cone. Later they had comp series just after this model.
Quote 0 0
o. l. t.
Sorry I meant to update this. I did find they were in the pre-loads. I have no problem with them short of their power handling, they still sound like a kicker 12.

These are like giant 12 inch midbass. They are SO MUSICAL. Very lightweight and quick, even with no motor behind them. I have them on a Coustic 460 bridged to 250 RMS and playing RUSH Tom Sawyer and they were almost humming the notes they were so musical. I dropped them into my IS300 in place of my MBQ DVC's and they were slightly less loud on the 250 watt Coustic amp than what I am used to (I usually run 600 RMS through a PPI Art 600.2 in mono through twin DVC Quart 10's so...duh!), but they sounded SO musical. They really fill in the blanks well and they do still kick like 12's, just more like 12's on low power

I'm really happy to have heard them, but I'm not sure if they will stay in or not. I like the little tens box in my IS300, and 12's are a bit cumbersome. I am happy to be drawing much less power off my electrical though.

Quote 0 0
MrCrowley
From judging by the size of the magnet, try an open baffle setup for home audio. Not efficient but I bet it would sound nice!
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy