oneloud xl7
alpine deck ,half din soundstream xover .memphis 6 1/2 seperates in the front doors .memphis 6 1/2 3 ways in the back doors. memphis 1200 watt amp and a memphis amp for mids and highs .. 2 planet audio big bang 12,s the 1200 watt ones in a single chamber 2.9 cubic foot box with a single 4 inch port tuned to 46 hertz.this is in a small to mid size suv with 4 quage wire...the problem im have is with the volume about 3/4 of the ways up the bass cancells its self out and the woofers start firing inward not like a normal boomin system so there got to be a problem in the bass amp or woofer voice coils . any ideas or advice before i have to tare it apart and send costly woofers and a amp back to be checked out
Quote 0 0
AZ_SS
Most likely an amp issue. Sounds like signal is clipping. To confirm bypass xover, connect amp directly to stereo test. If woofers start canceling out, try different amp.
Quote 0 0
warlord
Check voltage whiles turning up volume, make sure sub is wired correctly and do not bridge sub on mono amp, test postive ,gnd and remote wire for correct voltages when turning up, make sure where amp is gnd is sanded and grounded good, then let us know, photos would be great.
Quote 0 0
oneloud xl7
this system was installed by a local memphis dealer .the system worked fine up until this point.nothing had been changed on the system for it to start messing up. the woofers are wired so the bass amps seeing a 1 ohm load .i will check for a good ground .i checked the voltage at the bass amp with the system on at low volume it was running around 14 volts and with the system running about where i wouldnt turn it up any more its at low 11 volts you say check it while turning it up what am i looking for by doing this . also when the bass starts to act up the voltage meters reading start jumping all over from 6 to 9 volts and if i back the volume off just a little bit it returns back up to mid 11 voltsand of course as you ease up onthe volume the voltage starts coming back up ...about a month ago the two of fuses on the bass
Quote 0 0
oneloud xl7
two out of three fuses on the memphis 1200 melted and the amp smelled alittle hot with the new fuses replaced everything played ok up until this prob with the bass
Quote 0 0
warlord
oneloud xl7 wrote:
this system was installed by a local memphis dealer .the system worked fine up until this point.nothing had been changed on the system for it to start messing up. the woofers are wired so the bass amps seeing a 1 ohm load .i will check for a good ground .i checked the voltage at the bass amp with the system on at low volume it was running around 14 volts and with the system running about where i wouldnt turn it up any more its at low 11 volts you say check it while turning it up what am i looking for by doing this . also when the bass starts to act up the voltage meters reading start jumping all over from 6 to 9 volts and if i back the volume off just a little bit it returns back up to mid 11 voltsand of course as you ease up onthe volume the voltage starts coming back up ...about a month ago the two of fuses on the bass

By doing that you will know whether its your voltage or amp problem and to me it seems that you have voltage problem, what knid of battery do have, a water type, optima or something else, also your fuse on the amp should not be blowing, your inline fuse in the hood should blow or melt if your amp is craving for more power, don`t u have an ANL or AGU fuse in the hood? Since you have not change anything remember audio equipment is man made and overtime all thing damage, check the connection of the main positive wire going to the system from he front battery to make sure its not loose, if u still experience problems , if u like give me a call when you`re near the vehicle have a multimeter before u call 1-284-342-2208
Quote 0 0
oneloud xl7
good evening guys after checkin all connections and talkin with you guys and choppin it up with memphis car audio we have come up with the idea as u said warlord its prob a voltage issues they say with the amp only seeing voltage of high 10,s at the amp with the sysytem playing about as loud as i want and i like it loud .so i will start a new post on how to fix this prob thank you guys for all the help hopefully this will fix it i will keep you updated
Quote 0 0
warlord
No problem,we are here to help,i would have just changed the power wire from batt to amp amplifier or just check connection of power wire thats attached to front battery or remove fuse and run straight to see if voltage goes up, but let us know post in spl forum i am always checking there and got a post in there.
Quote 0 0
HawaiianBassHead
sounds to me like the ground is crappy. check to see if it's still well grounded the sub amp.

also always a great idea to have like a battery charger like a ctek-7000 to charge your battery once every couple/few months. then maybe annually do a recondition on it. even if the battery isn't the problem. if it's a wet cell battery make sure it has enough water.
Quote 0 0
oneloud xl7
thanks guys im leaning toward a xp 3000 batteryand the mechman high out put alt an

y good or bads on them
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy