unhealthy
just ordered the sub the other day, got the flat wind coil option, dual 2 ohm version

gonna put it in 6.5 cubes with 4 - 4 inch aeroports tuned to around 33-34 hertz , ill be able to stuff one of the ports with a towel and have 3 of them at around 28-29 hertz.

its gonna be powered by a hifonics bxi2006, with the gains turned down.

its goin in the trunk of a 1993 park avenue, how you think it will sound?, think ill get some flex??? anyone else have one?
Quote 0 0
pimpin at my house
should get loud but if you want to plug a port dont use a towel it will act like aperidoc dampening material. you must seal the port off. maybe make a plexi cover that scres to the enclosure or something simular...
Quote 0 0
unhealthy
what if i put the towel in somethin plastic or something like that???
Quote 0 0
Too loud for tv
it should get loud. are u sealing it off from the trunk like u had ur mojos? i would personally went with 4 6" aeros. i went from sqaure port to 4 4" aeros and lost not only on the mic but to my ear too.
Quote 0 0
unhealthy
no it will be sub up port back, the trunk is only 17 inches high or so, cant fit the 18 that way ill probably end up doin a few boxes and see what works
Quote 0 0
bluefocuszx4
what are your other dimensions for your trunk????....I'm planning on getting an 18 to play around with in a trunk car as well. Let me know what kind of numbers you hit with the FI.
Quote 0 0
MrCrowley
sub up with ports firing to the side. CRX style box except with the ports firing into the fender area. Works very well, if you have the breathing room.
Quote 0 0
SoundWerx
Quote:
Originally posted by MrCrowley:
sub up with ports firing to the side. CRX style box except with the ports firing into the fender area. Works very well, if you have the breathing room.
serious??

i got this newer park ave that sucks, the way the trunks are made in there cars are gay and of course the customer wanted 2 15 inch L5's in his.
Quote 0 0
MrCrowley
ohhh, do those cars have long trunks? Mine isn't long but it's fairly large. That setup worked great in mine. I didn't read what vehicle he has
Quote 0 0
unhealthy
the biggest box i could get thru the trunk opening was 42 width, 26 depth and 15 heigth, the trunk is at least 12-14 inches deeper than that and is wider too, but a wider one will hit the trunk lid arms. i think the trunk is huge compared to the size of the car

got it installed today, ill clean it up and carpet it eventually when its warmer, just wanted to get it in for now. if anyone wants me to take pics, pm me or drop a line in this thread, and ill take a few and post some

blue focus, i dont have access to a meter with out drivin like 40 miles and payin 30 bucks. it hits really nice tho, i was impressed
Quote 0 0
HawaiianBassHead
4" plastic pvc plugs are air tight I'd use them. any contruction supply should have them for like $2 or less each I'd imagine as they're a little plastic pos made for plugging pipes. lmk if you need a pic. I got mine from work for free lol. they're almost as common as wire nuts if you're working with conduit imo...
Quote 0 0
unhealthy
thats cool man, ill check into gettin that for sure, tho im lovin how it sounds with all 4 ports, i havent tried to plug one yet, i bet the low bass will be even more rediculous when i do

p.s.
i wouldnt hate you if you wanted to post a pic
Quote 0 0
bluefocuszx4
yeah....post some pics unhealthy if you have any
Quote 0 0
unhealthy
right now i got about 6 inches of snow covering my car, so i dont know how long it will be before i can take some pics, but ill get some eventually
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy