bassjunkie Show full post »
bassjunkie
An1??
Quote 0 0
tekk45
If the AC condenser(if equiped) has been bashed by rocks and road debris. It can, over time, restrict airflow through the radiator. Any luck finding the problem yet?
Quote 0 0
Team Maxxsonics - John
If you haven't already found the problem from the list above of usual suspects, try this.

In addition to the battery ground cable that runs from the battery to the chasis, make sure you have a ground cable running from your battery to the engine block as well.
This may have come off during the work you performed or may be a rusted connection at the block.
Quote 0 0
Iconoclast
^^^ never thought of that.

If you are still having the problem, with all due respect, re-read this thread. There is a lot of info to check, and I think you'll be good to go if you check all this stuff. Start with the easy and less time-consuming stuff, then work your way up until the problem is solved.
Quote 0 0
Sinister-David
Quote:
Originally posted by bassjunkie:
Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Iconoclast:
does the impeller wiggle? It should turn smoothly and yet be solid when you try to wiggle it or push sideways on the shaft.

When you spin it, does make noise (grinding, squeaking, scraping, etc.)? If it doesn't, does it start if you push sideways on the shaft? (Try different directions).

Bearings are pretty easy to rule out. If it seems solid, quiet, and turns smoothly through all of that, you can pretty much rule out a bad bearing. Then you can go on to other things.

As a side note, always replace all gaskets when replacing a part, even if the gaskets look fine. There are gasket alternatives (thick liquids that set after time) that might be an option in some places, but it is probably best to stick with gaskets. The person I bought my F-150 from re-used the old gasket when he replaced the water pump. It lasted me about 20k miles, but it went out, of all places, the farthest away from home I've ever been with that truck (In Memphis, not far from the airport)... at just after midnight. I had to call a friend to pick me and the truck up. We got back in Nashville about daylight. That sucked... and it all could have been avoided with a cheap gasket. So, whatever the problem is, make sure you get new gaskets when you replace that pump.

If it isn't the pump, I'd start by trying to slowly shoot some compressed air through the system via the hoses that were attached to the pump. There might be a better way, though.
The water pump usually squeaks really bad at start up also, sounds like it's getting worse. It stops after it gets to temp usually. That's not good right?? I have never had 1 that sqeaks like that!!
that means the bearings are bad and making it not turn right and once its heated up the metal in the bearings gets bigger and stops squeaking i would replace it. and also u can do away with the clutch fan and just add and Electric Radiator Fan less stress on the motor too
Quote 0 0
bassjunkie
Quote:
Originally posted by Team Maxxsonics - John:
If you haven't already found the problem from the list above of usual suspects, try this.

In addition to the battery ground cable that runs from the battery to the chasis, make sure you have a ground cable running from your battery to the engine block as well.
This may have come off during the work you performed or may be a rusted connection at the block.
It's grounded. Also, i timed it and it's dead on now. Still overheats.
Quote 0 0
bassjunkie
Quote:
Originally posted by tekk45:
If the AC condenser(if equiped) has been bashed by rocks and road debris. It can, over time, restrict airflow through the radiator. Any luck finding the problem yet?
Don't have ac so how would it have an ac condensor?? Also, it's still overheating. When i hooked up the hose to my heater core hoses, i noticed my radiator had blue gasket maker in it. May that cause flow problems??
Quote 0 0
Broken Silence - Johnny
uh, yeah, that would definitely cause problems. How is the flow out of the radiator with the garden house in the other side?
Quote 0 0
bassjunkie
Don't know, i have never did a flush myself. Seems slow, but what do i know?????
Quote 0 0
tekk45
With the truck running is one side of the radiator hot and the other not? That will indicate a flow problem. The radiator should be approximately the same all the way across giving 20 degrees difference from side to side or top to bottom, whichever way it flows.
Quote 0 0
bassjunkie
Found and installed different radiator and wow no more overheating. Thank god.
Quote 0 0
THE-SCRAPER
Sucked up your pride and took my advice!! cool!
Quote 0 0
TeamSubGoPoof
lol
Quote 0 0
Iconoclast
Quote:
Originally posted by THE-SCRAPER:
Sucked up your pride and took my advice!! cool!
*bows*
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy