Ricardo Espinoza

what laptop computer recommended for term lab magnum? specifically to judge events 

I have a problem with my termlab magnun and I am looking for an option for a better pc

Quote 0 0
Ricardo Espinoza
4F7CB5DD-500C-4B0B-AB0A-0408AE4E3B7D.jpeg 
Quote 0 0
DubaR
I personally have got away from a laptop for judging and built a dedicated pc, more options, less heat & cost. The best upgrade you can do is a ssd harddrive, 8gb ram is more then enough termpro only runs 2gb max just need enough to run that and what ever else your PC or laptop needs which is minimal if dedicated I run a older dell optiplex 9010 with I5 -3570 quad core 3.4g and termpro runs at maybe 30% nothing special got it on Walmart.com as a refurb for like $300 then upgraded to a small samsung ssd hard drive & using the 1tb mechanical that came with it as storage space. I also got a battery back up incase of los of power. I can do back to back to back runs all day while having 4+ screens and play music
Quote 0 0
Grant Stapleton dBDRA Australia
 I ran an event today new laptop software up to date. Everything connected Start magnum get run time error...reset.. start again no probs ( one external screen via HDMI port screen set up 7 , two sensors and clamps only running one lane at a time)start new comp then I get the same error as Ricardo computer to slow hit yes continue with event.. as day went on same error appears randomly again hit yes. Finish that event ( dbdrags) then change to SPL mode) computer freezers ( loading symbol appears) I shut down the program try to restart then I get Program needs to load firmware which it crashes and can't do ( no internet connection). Now things to note are when I remembered to check while testing it was only like 11 % to 13% so system not over worked. I would love to know what is going on as Wayne uses a net book when he travels. I had also made sure laptop was up to date ( update done the day before). Laptop has next to nothing on it as is dedicated to Magnum. I will add all the system specs tomorrow and I haven't tried to run Magnum since nor connected to internet. Wayne or anybody else able to shed some light for me please.
Quote 0 0
Ricardo Espinoza
I am still with the same problem, this week I will try my macbook pro core i7 16gb ram and 2 gb of video, it would be good to agree to solve the problem
Quote 0 0
Raymond Choy
Hey Guys

I am unsure if the Termlab software is compatible with Mac.
Personally I have always found a good success over the years buying a gaming laptop to run Termlab, max the ram and good to go.
The last 3 laptops that I have purchased for Termlab have all been I7 processors.  I have been able to get them all for around $1000 Canadian.

Also don't forget it you get a better laptop it will last you longer and be able to do more with them.

Hopefully this will help you guys out.

Have a great day, and thank you for your time and commitment to dB Drag Racing.

Ray Choy
Quote 1 0
Thank you Ray for your feed back. As I said I have just bought new Laptop i5 processor.. so I will now have to go and see if I can find another Laptop to run magnum. 
Quote 0 0
Ricardo Espinoza
Hello friends !

I decided to use my termlab with paralles on my Mac, my mac is i5 16gb of ram and 2 gb of dedicated video card, at the moment it is ok.
on Saturday to do some tests on a vehicle to check functions and after that to pass the detail of what I did to achieve it
Quote 0 0
Ricardo Espinoza
Mac 
Quote 0 0
Ricardo interested in how you did it.
Also Sorry to revisit but Im sure wayne used a netbook to run Magnum...has this now changed??? is it due to adding the new clamps etc.
Thanks again to all answering the questions
Quote 0 0
Brandon Rosser
Ricardo interested in how you did it.
Also Sorry to revisit but Im sure wayne used a netbook to run Magnum...has this now changed??? is it due to adding the new clamps etc.
Thanks again to all answering the questions

I have installed Termlab on my MacBook also, i basically did it to have as a backup, until i got my new current laptop.  not sure how familiar you are with Mac, but there is something you can run called bootcamp, which basically allows you to have a dual boot. So i have a partition of windows 7 installed on my macbook.  all i really have on it is Termlab, Microsoft office, and a firefox installation.  One good thing i noticed about this is i believe you don't have normal window updates getting pushed to your laptop like you would a stand alone windows laptop.  In the setup for the bootcamp, there is basically a way that you can clone the USB drive and all other peripheral ports to basically function normally in windows.  So i was able to connect the black box thru USB, a wireless mouse thru USB, and TV thru the lightning port
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy