bassjunkie
Helped a friend put 1 roll of this stuff in and wow am i impressed. For the price it's worth it. He just did the trunk of his Mitsubishi Oz Rally and the difference is noticeable. We went to a car audio shop and checked out Dynamat and other than the dynamat stamp, couldn't tell the differece except for price. What a deal.
Quote 0 0
Andy Jones
Used it---it isn't even in the same league as Dynamat and the other top end brands.

I have a $hitton of it in my truck. Second Skin's Damplifier Pro, scoshe accumat and Dynamat extreme is like the difference in a 3" midrange and an 18" subwoofer.
Quote 0 0
bassjunkie
I read up on it on this site for years and it seems to me that it's a good deal and works well. I wasn't going to recommend it til i did some studying about this stuff. Seems like it works well in his application.
Quote 0 0
Andy Jones
^buy 1 square feet of the other stuff, and just weigh them. Then look at the thickness of the aluminum on all of them. Then think about how they work. That will tell you everything.

I have a collection of deadener I've done this with. I used to think Peal n Seal was great. Then I started testing. It's not even close.
Quote 0 0
Master Yoda
We have tested the Peel and seal too and the second Skin is much better my far!!
Quote 0 0
Wagonized
agreed...i bought peel n seal when i was building my explorer thinkin i was getting ahead of the game. but i replaced like 8 layers of peal and seal with 2 layers of dynamat extreme and got better results from the dynamat
Quote 0 0
HHR_Ed_T3guy
wait till its 85 degrees out or hotter and that Peel N Seal will be Peeling right off.

Or in the dead of winter when it starts to crack.
Quote 0 0
Andy Jones
My peal n seal has never came off my truck. It has been on for 5-6 years. Black truck in Alabama. You put it on right, it won't come off.

It also doesn't do $hit. That's the disappointment in it. By the time you get the number of layers you need for it to actually do something, you could have just used one or two layers of the better stuff.
Quote 0 0
Tempe
Quote:
Originally posted by HHR_Ed_T3guy:
wait till its 85 degrees out or hotter and that Peel N Seal will be Peeling right off.
I've been doing the reading on deadening recently, so I understand the price/performance ratio is far better with stuff like Second Skin. However, I live in the gawddamned desert, yet my Peel N Seal has never peeled off
Quote 0 0
bassjunkie
Quote:
Originally posted by Tempe:
Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by HHR_Ed_T3guy:
I've been doing the reading on deadening recently, so I understand the price/performance ratio is far better with stuff like Second Skin. However, I live in the gawddamned desert, yet my Peel N Seal has never peeled off
Did it work for you then or was a big waste of time and money??
Quote 0 0
Tempe
It helped to seal off the back wave of course and to kill some of the buzzing.
Quote 0 0
Wagonized
my peel n seal never came off either in the heat.

infact when it was time to take it off and switch to dynamat extreme it took me about 13 hours to get it off both front doors.

had to use a propane torch and get a drywall scraper super super hot then try to scrape it under the matting. pulling it by hand was a no-go on the inner skin
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy