burzendowski
my co workers head unit blew up started smoking. he has kappa components and kappa 6x9's running off the the head unit. could it be because of the speakers he has running off the unit and should he have an amp powering them instead of the unit. he doesnt think so he thinks its faulty equipment
Quote 0 0
87tbird302
hmmm, i don't think it could of been because of the speakers. If the components were too powerful for the HU then it just wouldn't be powering the componets very well, it wouldn't cause it to blow the HU. Yes, it shuld have been amplified if you wanted the full potential of the components. But im with him, i think it is faulty equipment. where did he buy it from?
Quote 0 0
burzendowski
its a year old, bought from best buy. so the speakers couldnt have overloaded the hu and fried it?
Quote 0 0
87tbird302
Do you still have a warranty for it? If you do you might be able to get a new one. nope the speakers couldn't have overloaded the HU.
Quote 0 0
Bassphobia
Maybe those Infinity Kappas have a wide impedance curve and at some point it's under the load your HU can handle. My home theater center speaker is rated at 8 ohms but it get to 2.8 ohm @about 10KHz.
Quote 0 0
burzendowski
so then they would possibly could have went lower than 4ohms and have overloaded the hu and poof?
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy