BlazinLoud
I was just wondering in a walled setup with 2 18" subs for example. what will the difference in sound be say 150 square inches of port tuned to 35hz vs 300 square inches of port tuned to 35hz?
Quote 0 0
BlazinLoud
Would there be greater output with one vs the other? how different would it sound close up vs far away
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
a larger port is most likely going to give you added output, but require more port length for the same tuning...and may yield a more peaky output with less range.
Quote 0 0
BlazinLoud
how would i go about gauging what is right for me beside cutting a big port and shrinking it down with wood? Anyone have any opinions on what would be proper for 2 18's in 12.5 cubes?
Quote 0 0
Return of Jason Gold
Quote:
Originally posted by BlazinLoud:
how would i go about gauging what is right for me beside cutting a big port and shrinking it down with wood? Anyone have any opinions on what would be proper for 2 18's in 12.5 cubes?
i think that 150in^2 is good, but if you could fit 200in^2 i would go with that assuming it would work for you and not require too much depth.
Quote 0 0
BlazinLoud
Ok but what would be the difference if say my box would be tuned to 35hz but the port sizes are difference for example 150 square Inches tuned to 35hz vs 35 hz a 300 square inches of port. i want to sound like an earthquake comming down the block when I demo my vechile and still be loud to the ear
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
with a larger port area, you're going to lose a lot of frequency range. 150-200si should be plenty of port area. you might end up tubed at 35Hz, peak at 38, and lose cone control at 32, causing you to start breaking woofers.That would suck
Quote 0 0
BlazinLoud
so 200 Square inches and that should sound nice with a varity if frequency ranges? I want a hard bass you can feel in your chest when I demo it and traveling when i demo at shows. Any sugestions?
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy