Jerhemy1331
I'm going to be building a ported box for two sundown sa 15's off a kicker zx2500.1 at 2 ohms. I am currently planning to have ~3.5 cubic feet per sub before sub displacement, and port that is 38sq" and 18 inches long. I really don't know very much about tuning an enclosure or how much port area you want/ how the shape of the port affects the tone. the port will be 2" by 19" and 18 inches deep, just so you know.

thanks for any info you can give me!!
Quote 0 0
Jerhemy1331
nothing?.. sheeit, am I at least close? just want it to sound good and get nice and low for daily driving.
Quote 0 0
db xTc
I don't know too much about the SA's, but if I recall they don't need tons of port area... Especially with lower tuning for daily use. A general rule of thumb is 12-16" of port area per cubic foot of enclosure volume. Using 6.5 cubes net volume, this would be in the 80-100" of port area range.

Also don't make the port too long and skinny. At 18" high, a 4-5" wide port will put you in the ball park.

With low tuning, a bend in the port will be required. The more port area you use, the longer it will need to be to maintain the same tuning freq. Rounding the corners and using a 45 degree wedge in the corner will help minimize the resistance caused by the bend.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy