emoo99
2 kicker l7 15's on 2000rms amp
My quesion is how much port area will be good for these subs? i'm not leaning toward strictly spl.. a good mix of sq and spl..
so my box is going into the back of a hatchback the dimensions are
37.50 wide
24 High
14.50 deep
.75 mdf

the subs will be facing forward toward the back seat and the port will be facing up because i can't make the port deep enough to be on the same face as the baffle.

i want to tune the box between 30-35 hz for a mix of spl and sq.. i want it loud but don't want it to sound too sloppy.
Quote 0 0
Nightshade
I don't think that your box is going to be big enough. By my math it is only 6 cubes before sub and port displacement. If you throw that into the mix your probably only going to be around 5 cubes when it's said and done. I'd say that you want to be at 6 cubes after displacement especially wanting to tune in the low 30hz range. If you don't have the box volume the ports will need to be way too long to fit in the box anyway. However, I do like the idea of subs back and port up. I did this in my ZX3 hatch with 2 15's and did 153's on the dash sealed at 42hz off of a clamped 5800 watts.
Quote 0 0
Papa Smurf
I am guessing that's Outside Dimensions of your box if so it comes to 6.09cf that does include the displacement of your 2 15 L7's. Here's a design from kicker for 2 L7 15's 7cf box the port is 80 square inches by 19.5in long and that's tuned at 35Hz and don't forget to use a 25Hz subsonic filter or you will bottom out your L7's
Quote 0 0
ktraughb2
he actually said subs facing forward toward back seats...not hatch. not sure how great that will sound. from my experience, yes it can help to load in certain situations, but you can also sometimes hear mechanical sub noise, even if they arent bottoming out. id face them up if possible.
Quote 0 0
emoo99
Quote:
Originally posted by Papa Smurf:
I am guessing that's Outside Dimensions of your box if so it comes to 6.09cf that does include the displacement of your 2 15 L7's. Here's a design from kicker for 2 L7 15's 7cf box the port is 80 square inches by 19.5in long and that's tuned at 35Hz and don't forget to use a 25Hz subsonic filter or you will bottom out your L7's
i finished the box today.. total of 5.53 after port and sub displacement.. tuned to 33hz port area of 54 inches.. any more and the port would have to take up another wall of the box and cut down my total cu ft even more.. what does the subonic filter do??
Quote 0 0
Papa Smurf
Quote:
Originally posted by emoo99:
Quote:
quote:
i finished the box today.. total of 5.53 after port and sub displacement.. tuned to 33hz port area of 54 inches.. any more and the port would have to take up another wall of the box and cut down my total cu ft even more.. what does the subonic filter do??
The 25Hz subonic filter the woofer stops the woofers from going below 25Hz stoping over extenion and bottoming out which will kill your L7s.A lot of the new amps have this feature built in like the Fosgate T2500CP they call Infrasonic Filter
Quote 0 0
emoo99
Quote:
Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by emoo99:
quote:
The 25Hz subonic filter the woofer stops the woofers from going below 25Hz stoping over extenion and bottoming out which will kill your L7s.A lot of the new amps have this feature built in like the Fosgate T2500CP they call Infrasonic Filter
Quote 0 0
Papa Smurf
Kicker recommends 25Hz for the subsonic for the L7. Now for the low pass you can start a 80Hz and play with it until you find where you like it.
Quote 0 0
emoo99
thank you!
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy