NTOXKTD1
I would like to know your comments on Power Acoustik 1ohm 2400. What do you think the rms output is. Anyone have luck with these amps.

------------------
155DB is my goal........

Richard
Quote 0 0
ChadG
hahaha....2400 watts?? hahaha

------------------

TEAM XS-SPL
WORLD FINALS......
1st...1-2 superstreet
1st...3-4 superstreet
4th...3-4 superstreet
3rd...9+ superstreet
8th...9+ superstreet
3rd...3-4 extreme
6th...5-8 extreme
loudest qualifying score...9+ extreme...171.8!
LOUDEST TEAM...PERIOD
Quote 0 0
NTOXKTD1
DID I SAY IT WAS 2400 watts. I was just asking for a realistic number. Maybe 800 to a 1000 watts. That sounds about right...

------------------
155DB is my goal........

Richard
Quote 0 0
jarfunkz
my calculations about 1400 watts man

------------------
THE FUNKZ
Quote 0 0
jarfunkz
basic rule of thumb is its prolly 2400 watts peak at 14.4 volts(dynamic)?
so divide 2400 by 14.4 multiply it by 12 volts and then multiply that number by .707 is the calculation for rms and peak power number is signifiant with square route of 2 divided by 2. u can put it on a dmm Vac and put a 1000hz tone through it then multiply the output with the impedence to find out what its putting out or set freq to what u watn desired to play and tone that one to see what it will put out at that freq and make sure that u get the impedence of the woofers while its playing at the freq cause it will change the impedence.

------------------
THE FUNKZ
Quote 0 0
NTOXKTD1
Thanks for the comment......

------------------
155DB is my goal........

Richard
Quote 0 0
[meph]
hey funkz. you never did give out a number.. lol. just a bunch of mumbo jumbo =)

i'd say it will push up around 1k, but nowhere near 2400..

------------------
I respect any sub that can make me pass out.
mephInc - Sounds that Pound
Quote 0 0
Skunk88
Well the 2400 is the peak rating on that thing. 1600 is the rms rating but. i had one for about 6 months or so and i dont know exactly how much it put out but it was WAY less then that. i mean if it was putting out that much power it shoulda f**ked up my subs i was using. they woulda ben super over powered but they loved it. so i cant give u any numbers. but the amp did sound pretty good and never gave me any problems after i sent the original back cause it came broke. even after i accidently wired it wrong. i thought for sure it was gone just blew the fuses.!
lata

------------------
Bass for one, and BASS for All
Quote 0 0
stickpony
Quote:
Originally posted by NTOXKTD1:
I would like to know your comments on Power Acoustik 1ohm 2400. What do you think the rms output is. Anyone have luck with these amps.
Man, i haven't had a Power acoustik 2400-2 since 2001...i miss those amps.. GREAT for bass, TIGHT punch on almost any decent subwoofer because of the large damping factor... i measured the rms output on my amp at the daytona spring break nationals, it put out 1687 continuous watts with an 80 Hz tone generator, with a 2 ohm mono load, bridged. It was definately an accurate rms rating... the cool thing about those amps too was that if you wrote to power acoustik back in the day, you could get them to send you a modified pwm-19 EQ that would send the amp into square wave mode to "burp" the subs... with Four 8 ohm 12" subs in my ford ranger extended cab in a compression loaded configuration, i did 152 db with the one 2400-2 amp in the SPL competition. not bad for only 1600+ watts ehh?

anyways.. this was the coolest looking amp i have ever owned.. i regret selling it.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy