Haksr1
I have noticed some comments about power acoustik amps here and I was wondering why some of you feel the way you do about them. Did you ever use them or does the price just make you think it is a crapy amp? I would like to know why you feel the way you do about this brand. Personaly I feel for the money it is not to bad of an amp, it (may) be over rated in the power it puts out but has anybody ever really tested it to see what it does put out before you start putting it down?

By the way I do not have one of these amps (yet, who knows that might change).

------------------
If Your Ears Arn't Bleeding....

Somethings Wrong With Your Equipment.
Quote 0 0
Snot
I know three different people with PA amps, and none of them ever had a problem. If you want cheap power, I don't think you can do much better for the cost. I mean, those apc2200's can be found for under $300 and thats alot of watts. That and apprently PA now has some kind of 1 year exchange warranty, so even it does catch on fire...

------------------
Feel the wrath of a tricked out summit....and try not to die laughing.... D46 Head, Cadence A7HC and room for a couple of subs

Eagle Summit, offical car of Bondo
Quote 0 0
Skunk88
I agree, the only thing bad i have to say s they are overrated but my 1 ohm model sounds great and looks the part too. Plus theor warranty is good. I had to send mine back when i got it, defective when i recieved it , all i had to do was pay for return shipping 9 bucks and they sent me a new one no problem. I think they are pretty good for the moeny. and thats about it.

------------------
Bass for one, and BASS for All
Quote 0 0
Smitty
I know a few people that have run them, the lower powered stuff is pretty bad, but the big amps put out decent power, 1 of the guys has a couple of the 1 ohm big boys on 16 10s and it does decent numbers mid 150s, and close to 160 outlaw, then another guy had 3 and is actually sponsored by PA and hasnt had any probs with his Farenheit subs but has blown 2 of the amps( Those big 1 ohms again) and hasnt gotten them back, they blew at SBN, personally I dont know that I would run them, but if all I needed was some power to push a few JLs around town I guess they would do ok.

------------------

Whitlee/2 dudes AL state record holder 41"-50" trunk/passenger 153.0db
Quote 0 0
JKasper187
Hey
I have the Power Acoustik Sterling Series 600 watt amp and i have 2 10" JLw6 in a sealed box. Will this be enough power for the JL's to sound alright just for drivin around town?

------------------
Quote 0 0
strokin2
Bottom line with anything is "you always get what you pay for"

Buy cheap=Get cheap

SACK UP!!!!!!!!!

NeillBarber

with all the money you spend buying 4 cheap amps you could have just waited and got a great amp that "never" quits

------------------
in loving memory of the TANK 1986-1999 http://www.termpro.com/asp/competitorstats.asp?Competitor_ID=19
Quote 0 0
Haksr1
Anyone else with input????? Well for all the people that say they dont like them only one has responded so I guess they can't be that bad.

------------------

Quote 0 0
Snot
Another thought, If your going to go low end, I guess PA would be at the top of the "low-end". I mean, in the same price range is stuff like : pyramid, rockwood, boss, MA, roadgear (yah!), and a slew of others. I mean, which would you rather have (if your budget was super tight, and all you wanted to do was thump around town?) At least the PA's are some of the best looking on the market.

------------------
Feel the wrath of a tricked out summit....and try not to die laughing.... D46 Head, Cadence A7HC and room for a couple of subs

Eagle Summit, offical car of Bondo
Quote 0 0
Audiophyle
Only thing that all the lower end stuff suffers from is: poor power supply. Other than that, I betcha cant tell the SQ difference between that PA and a McIntosh amp, if both are not driven into clipping.

------------------
Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side.

Use your ears to judge components, NOT your wallet! K.I.S.S.

members.tripod.com/Audiophyle

Sound Ideas on the Web!
Quote 0 0
Tyler
True audiophyle, but the problem with PA is not the SQ, its the 2200 watt rating the stick on 600 watt amps.

------------------
Premier, AVI, KEF, Macrom, Cadence, Audiomobile
Quote 0 0
Haksr1
Wow im still impressed, still no die hard people saying it sucks. It must only be a matter of time?

------------------

Quote 0 0
Audiophyle
No, not really a matter of time. We here at termpro try to be different than any other board in that we just do not say something sucks major aise unless we can prove beyond a reasonable doubt that it indeed does. PA amps are just fine for low budget amps. In fact, years ago when I first started out, I owned a pa, it was running my old pyle 10"ers.

Tyler, given the right circumstances, with a good tail wind, on a 16Vdc battery, that amp may indeed reach 2200 watts... while going tits up...

------------------
Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side.

Use your ears to judge components, NOT your wallet! K.I.S.S.

members.tripod.com/Audiophyle

Sound Ideas on the Web!
Quote 0 0
Little Dragon
I can tell you that my roommate had one that was refurbed...and it crapped out on him... I think he got screwed by the company he bought it from though...

He ordered one amp new...they sent him the next one up but a refurb...

The sound was alright...but I'm comparing it to what i have ..and I like mine a lot better..

I do have another friend that has one of the larger PA's (not sure which)... and it pushes two ten's pretty nicely...

And the amps are pretty...if you're in to that kinda thing!

------------------
"I've never met a person, I don't care what their condition, in whom I could not see possibilities. I don't care how much a person may consider themselves a failure, I believe in them, for they can change the thing that is wrong in their life anytime they are ready and prepared to do it. Whenever they develop the desire, they can take away from their life the thing that is defeating it. The capacity for reformation and change lies within." -Preston Bradley

I may be little, but
I'm still a DRAGON!
Quote 0 0
Haksr1
Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Audiophyle:
No, not really a matter of time. We here at termpro try to be different than any other board in that we just do not say something sucks major aise unless we can prove beyond a reasonable doubt that it indeed does

There is always atleast one in a group you can count on it.

------------------

Quote 0 0
Haksr1
Well I still would like to hear what people think. Anymore out there?

------------------

Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy