Haksr1 Show full post »
Haksr1
Guess Not Huh?

------------------
If Your Ears Arn't Bleeding....

Somethings Wrong With Your Equipment.
Quote 0 0
Teknow
I have a friend who has a power acoustic fire & ice amp for her highs( 2 channel F12X-400 running 2x110 at 2 ohm to 4 speakers) , and one if the dia case amps for her subs (Q2-320 bridged to mono at 320 watts), and a power acoustic head unit (one of the lower end ones, pacd-502). She isnt exactly rolling in dough, so I found a sweet deal on all of it on line for her. It sounds great (pushing planet audio x series speakers on the highs and a hi fonics sub in her 2000 neon). Pounds and has really impressive sq. Brought her system to demo it to a few friends of mine at the local har audio chain (mobile 1, nothing but rockford, alpine and punch) they were highly impressed. We compared it to a similar setup with kenwood highs, alpine v12 amp powering them and 2x rockford 12's with a punch amp powering them. The sq was virtually identical(probably due to the great sounding planet audio speakers we tested this with some opera and classical, one of the best ways to test sq in my opinion). The rockford/kenwood/alpine setup has a little more spl, but it is 2 x 12's vs/ 1 x 12".
Overall everyone was pretty impressed considering that it was a $800 setup against a $2000 setup (approximately)
Both setups were installed well (proper grounding large and speaker power wire etc)
We tested the amps and found that they put out right at rated power (the 320 watt amp was putting out like 310 or so and 110x2 was really 110x2)
It has been running without a hitch for 2 months now.
From this experience I have to say that power acoustic is damn good for the price

------------------
Quote 0 0
spljeremy
Well I have an old PA Sterling Series 4ch that I used to push to 12 Orion XTR2's and it did the job pretty good. I never had any problems with it...in fact it is still in my garage, but I just have no use for it. Good bang for the buck amps.

[ 07-12-2009, 12:15 AM: Message edited by: spljeremy ]
Quote 0 0
tcsimmons
I ran PA last summer. It was a 4 ch. 800 watt. I ran my Quart's on the front channel and two JL subs on the back channel. The amp did a good job. PA isnt realy that bad of a company, they have good entry level stuff.

Tc

------------------
MB Quart Comp.
PPI 2360
2 Shocker 12's
Quote 0 0
Haksr1
refresh

------------------
If Your Ears Arn't Bleeding....

Somethings Wrong With Your Equipment.
Quote 0 0
cluis13
I think power asoustik amp are great for the price i bought mine on line at http://www.mxcaraudio.com and i dont have any promblem wit it and it movee my speakers really good
Quote 0 0
kimboslice2
Quote:
Originally posted by Audiophyle:
Only thing that all the lower end stuff suffers from is: poor power supply. Other than that, I betcha cant tell the SQ difference between that PA and a McIntosh amp, if both are not driven into clipping.
Say what i would not go that far
Quote 0 0
kimboslice2
Pa and some other brands have in the past been very creative as far as Flash and design we hope to see some old huge 1ohm ufo fire and ice at cca shows
Quote 0 0
So_Lo_Saturn
Wow this post is over 11 years old. Never used power acoustic but they bought soundstream a couple of years back.
Quote 0 0
momona
Quote:
Originally posted by strokin2:
Bottom line with anything is "you always get what you pay for"

Buy cheap=Get cheap

SACK UP!!!!!!!!!

NeillBarber

with all the money you spend buying 4 cheap amps you could have just waited and got a great amp that "never" quits
i don't save all the money to buy 4 amps,but i really get some cheap one...
Quote 0 0
flex1016
youtube flex 1016 and ill show you what cheap pa amps can do lol
Quote 0 0
kimboslice2
Quote:
Originally posted by flex1016:
youtube flex 1016 and ill show you what cheap pa amps can do lol
just watched the vid and would have to say it does not make PA look good seen more out of two 15" no wall and one amp but it looks like the build is the problem not the gear.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy