bigbear25
Can anyone help me on this? I have a ppi pc21400.2 and just bought a jl 13w7. Can i run that sub which is 3 ohms to my ppi which is 1400 x1 @4ohms? Or do i just try to get a 1000.1?
Quote 0 0
tekk45
If your reactive load is over 4 ohms(which it will normally end up being), you will be fine.
Quote 0 0
bigbear25
hey thanks alot tekk. i have no idea what it means but im willing to give it a try. dont have the loot to get a 1000.1 or the patience to try and sell my ppi...i love that monster amp
Quote 0 0
tekk45
Reactive load is the "live" impedence. Say you start with a nominal impedence of, in your case, 3 ohms. Once the speaker starts moving in the gap and the coil warms up from the current moving through it, that impedence increases. Typically, reactive load will be 3-4 times that of nominal in a ported box and even more in a sealed box. So, with conservitively, 3 times rise or reactive load your 3 ohms is now 9 which is more than enough for your amplifier. Do you mean the ppi 1000.1 or another make?
Quote 0 0
Team CNSS-Deron
I know the exact amp he's talking about. I used to have 4 of those puppies going to 2 dual 2ohm strokers ran fine all day just make sure you have enough reserve power for the amp.
Quote 0 0
ShadowStar
The best manner in which to do this is to hook it up, adjust the level (gains) properly and look for dropouts or excessive heat. If it runs, it runs.
Quote 0 0
mjs
I'm thinking the 13W7 will take at least 2000 watts RMS all day long as long as the signal is filtered (W7 not seeing over about 80 htz). How many watts RMS does that PPI amp put out at 3 ohms? If it's less than 2000 you'll be fine - as long as the signal is filtered.
Martin
Quote 0 0
jarfunkz
I wouldn't do it. Those amps are tempermental with anything under 4 ohms mono. Go get an amp that doesn't care about impedance, because this one does
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy