Wagonized Show full post »
Wagonized
Quote:
Originally posted by dave_damage:
Anyone have anymore info on this? I am really thinking about getting one. The price is to good to pass up IMO
the price my team mate was given by soundstream is unbelieveable for this amp! hes a team soundstream member of course but still. His price was less than half what I was quoted for a SD12k a few months ago.

He got the amp and it had output problems right away and he was 0.2 or so down with it compared to running 2 SS xxx-4000D's. So he sent it back in and now has it back and running well. havent heard any numbers from him yet though.

Hes running it at 0.5 ohm and the xxx-4000s were at 0.5 strapped. He has a smaller odyssey batt under the hood, then a 2150 in the rear and a SS 20 farad cap.
Quote 0 0
MLorenzo
i just want to bump this thread, cause i'm also choosing between these or sd8k...

what you think guys?

i'll be running these with 2 95xx and with a 16volt
Quote 0 0
Wagonized
id go with the soundigital. I wasnt very impressed with this PPI amp. Never played with it personally but from the numbers (or lack there of) that other people were doing with the amp it doesnt seem too special
Quote 0 0
sundownz
Looks like a 5k amp output section unless those are something other than IRFP360LC parts.

Maybe close to 10k on 18v.
Quote 0 0
MLorenzo
Quote:
Originally posted by Wagonized:
id go with the soundigital. I wasnt very impressed with this PPI amp. Never played with it personally but from the numbers (or lack there of) that other people were doing with the amp it doesnt seem too special
even if i can get 2 ppi pdx-10k with almost the same price as a SD8k shipped here?

do you have some real-numbers of this thing on 16volts? have you tested it? thanks thanks
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy