Fred
Hi,

I wonder if anyone has got any experience with PPI-PSC221 Phaze Shift Controller.
I will appreciate all the comments on this unit as its technical data on the PPI website doesn't tell a lot.

My exact problem is:
I have tweeters (Focal TLR) and mids (Focal 4k3202R) in the kicks and Focal midbasses in the doors. All is being run active.
The soundstage however is triangle shape.
The centered voices are positioned high in front but the voices on the sides (L&R) are dropping down especially low men's vocals, bass guitar.
Could this problem be solved with Phaze Shift Controller?
Are there any other ways to fix it?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards, Fred

------------------
Quote 0 0
Audiophyle
I think, if I were you, I'd be trying different crossover settings before I ran out and dropped a ton-o-dough on a phase controller. I would also be playing with phasing on each speaker, trying to get the stage to be what it's supposed to be. You may find that angling ONE of your tweeter just a little differently may fix your problem. You may find that stretching batting across the backs of you mids may help. You may find that you need the phase controller. But, I would try everything in my power to keep away from spending more money on electronics that can, and in this case, actually DO degrade sound quality.

------------------
STILL waiting to hear a GOOD pair of HLCD's!!

If it dont fit, force it... if it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyway...

members.tripod.com/Audiophyle

Quote 0 0
Fred
Thanks, I will try but since the tweeters and mids are in custom kicks' podiums its not easy at all to try different angles.
another point is that there are not many ways to point the drivers while keeping them more or less on axis.

Anyway I will try.

Best regards,
Fred

------------------
Quote 0 0
thatdrh
Do you have a Precision Power PSC-221? If you do.. you dont need it, and I need to buy it... Thanks.
Quote 0 0
thatdrh
and yeah... its almost 10 years later.
Quote 0 0
audiobuffru1
dude send it my way, i need one
Quote 0 0
PSYCHOACOUSTICS
wow 10 years lol

there are a few on diyma
Quote 0 0
Andy Jones
^10 years and then add extra month in from the last post until your post.
Quote 0 0
Cr@sh
Dont sell to Thatdrh, he doesnt deserve it! LMAO
Quote 0 0
thatdrh
I will buy them all... then have them sit around and do absolutely nothing with them... (I found 3 so far since this post) but I'll take more.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy