MREZSTREET
I have seen them in the past. I have a lil HT project im going to play with i have some 4" HAT i want to make 1 5.1 setup with a sub for the ppl on the bose wagon. small speaker nice look and great sound. any1 know of a hookup? the "ball" might oh like 6" in size.
Quote 0 0
MREZSTREET
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
go to walmart. Get a 7" foam ball. Leave it in the plastic shrinkwrap. Make a wooden ring from MDF. Place the ring up to the ball. Wrap with stretchy cloth, not fleece. Coat in resin a couple times. The shrinkwrap still on the ball will keep the resin from sticking. squeeze the foam ball and pull it through the ring. You now have a near-spherical enclosure.
I've used this method on a few home theatre projects. I do this for behind the midrange drivers in a 3-way enclosure, then mount it from behind the baffle. It does seem to have less resonances through the cone than a rectangular box behind the midrange. Smoother response for sure. Maybe I have a picture somewhere.....

In my application, the outside of the ball's appearance was less important. If you need a nice outside, strengthen from the inside with some duraglass and resin.
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
If you are using these for fullrange 4" drivers, this would be a great size to use because your ring will be smaller, making it closer to a circle. Mine was for 6.5" drivers that were crossed over around 500-700Hz, don't remember offhand. You can do it with the rubber inflated balls too, but you have to cut the rubber to pop the ball so you can pull it out, making it cost a few extra bucks since they can only be used one time

Quote 0 0
D-Bass
those were in the rough stages, but it works
Quote 0 0
pimpin at my house
i have always used a beach ball they make them that small in kiddie dept. same thing don is saying....
Quote 0 0
Notloudenuf
http://www.cicball.com/

Any number of sizes and materials.
Quote 0 0
pimpin at my house
^ good find bro...
Quote 0 0
pimpin at my house
josh just ask ur wife for ur back
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy