fecupe2001
Hey guys, i have a simple question, have anyone tried print vinyl inside the box??? we all know resin add dbs but not strenght, said that, after you get the resin inside the box of course you have to sand it for better results because you get better airflow.

Ok , maybe it
Quote 0 0
marcmdm2005
I have also been thinking about this. but never tried it due to not having a good connection on vinyl.
Quote 0 0
thanosdbfan
How can you be certain that smoothness always adds spl?As far as i know there is limit where you can smoothen an enclosure or any means of liquid circulation in general...
I haven't seen an automotive motorsport cylinder head with extra smooth inlet or outlet ports fro example.Plus in my set up i have tried a very smooth box and it didn't turn so well...
Quote 0 0
fecupe2001
Well, maybe i
Quote 0 0
bigdogluis
Why don't you try it and let us know ?
Not everyone gets free Vinyl like you...so help us out and do some experimenting!...And post the results..so get to work buddy!
Quote 0 0
fecupe2001
Because i closed my company as you already know sexy bold head! hahaha, yes i do have some contacts yet but i prefered to ask first instead of bothering old clients asking for material
Quote 0 0
marcmdm2005
Well if you can get some and have some extra I would be willing to buy some off of you for tops of windshields and such.
Quote 0 0
Soapbox
The engineering term is coefficient of friction and it is proven to affect velocity.
Quote 0 0
sabydaddy
Actually, the engineering term when it comes to fluids is Coefficient of Drag.
Quote 0 0
Sonofthor
Sure, you can use vinyl! Or resin, or Tape or Paint, doesn
Quote 0 0
Master Yoda
The only coment I have is be careful using the tape I had a local guy use the foil tape inside his whole box and it raised the peak Hz of his box by almost 5HZ! I beilve that had more to do with the real tunning of the box and that the mdf slowed down the air flow lowering the peak of the box. So when the air flow increased it raised the peak of the enclosure.
Quote 0 0
Sonofthor
Quote:
Originally posted by Master Yoda:
The only coment I have is be careful using the tape I had a local guy use the foil tape inside his whole box and it raised the peak Hz of his box by almost 5HZ! I beilve that had more to do with the real tunning of the box and that the mdf slowed down the air flow lowering the peak of the box. So when the air flow increased it raised the peak of the enclosure.
Yes!!!

Thats the reason why you gain with resin sometimes 1db or so..... Because it changes your tuning, but this also can have bad result
Quote 0 0
fecupe2001
Guys, sorry about having this topic without any updates, i don
Quote 0 0
Temch
Quote:
Yes!!!

Thats the reason why you gain with resin sometimes 1db or so..... Because it changes your tuning, but this also can have bad result
Two identical boxes, with resin and without resin, a difference +0,7 compared
Quote 0 0
fecupe2001
Well, if i raised 0.4 dbs with this vinyl with a crappy installation, i honestly believe resin with some nice sanding would give way more
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy