AmmoJammo
I assume we can just do this whenever we feel like? even though the rules clearly say the car must be driven.

I mean, the judges seem to just do whatever they want anyway, so I guess this is allowed worldwide then?
Quote 0 0
augustijnen Peter
it is allowed , but when asked u need to prove the car can move on its own
The one and only , back for more !!!!
Quote 0 0
AmmoJammo
I can't seem to find that in the rules? where abouts have you read it?

All I find is:

"The vehicle must be driven into and out of the judging lanes.

Additional Guidelines:
The vehicle's motor must be used to propel the vehicle into and out of the judging lanes. (Starter motors, etc. may not be used as a means of propulsion.)"

Which is a lot different to saying that you must be able to demonstrate that the car can be driven...

I don't know how someone can possibly misinterpret it so badly, I know a lot gets lost in translation... but still!
Quote 0 0
augustijnen Peter
geez man , here we go again , aint u got nothing better to do than search for some loopholes and cry about them
get a life man and quit db drag

just because u seen a video of a car beiing pushed in the lanes doesnt meen it cant drive
Quote 0 0
AmmoJammo
loop hole? what loop hole?

The rules say:
"The vehicle MUST be driven into and out of the judging lanes."

dictionary.reference.com defines MUST as:
"to be obliged or bound to by an imperative requirement"

Therefore, the rule is to be read:
"The vehicle is OBLIGATED to be driven into and out of the judging lanes."

If we must continue, the definition of OBLIGATED is as follows:
"necessary; essential"

I really don't see how a judge can possibly misinterpret this.... but quite clearly they have.

If the car is not being driven into the lane, during the run that it does its "world record" score, then clearly the score is invalid!
ITS IN THE RULES!
Quote 0 0
Iggster
A lot of events, sometimes it is mandated by the building/venue that the car must be pushed for safety reason. Not sure where the language barrier is on that???
Quote 0 0
Iggster
augustijnen Peter wrote:
it is allowed , but when asked u need to prove the car can move on its own

Exactly what Peter said.
Quote 0 0
AmmoJammo
Iggster wrote:
A lot of events, sometimes it is mandated by the building/venue that the car must be pushed for safety reason. Not sure where the language barrier is on that???

This wasn't at an event where the venue had made this call.... most of the other cars were driving in and out of the lanes... :/

So it really is just a case of making up the rules as you go?
Quote 0 0
Iggster
AmmoJammo wrote:
This wasn't at an event where the venue had made this call.... most of the other cars were driving in and out of the lanes... :/

So it really is just a case of making up the rules as you go?

Did you ask the judge or judging staff at the time of the event???
Quote 0 0
augustijnen Peter
he saw a video off a car beiing pushed in the lanes and then it did a WR , now he's complaining its against the rules
Quote 0 0
Sonofthor
AmmoJammo wrote:
loop hole? what loop hole?
If the car is not being driven into the lane, during the run that it does its "world record" score, then clearly the score is invalid!
ITS IN THE RULES!

Hmmm.... thats very strange, can you ask Wayne if we can redo all World Finals because there i was told, last year i think from about 20 judges, that i am not allowed to start and drive my car.
Maybe I should beam it into the lane in future?
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy