Nevadaguy
Why is there a rule that you have to keep your windows rolled up in dbdrag (I know you have to in iasca as well)? What purpose does it serve?
Thanks!
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
In dbdrag, you have to have the vehicle sealed, and everyone puts it in the same location to make things the most fair.
Quote 0 0
Nevadaguy
I understand that you have to have the vehicle sealed -- one of the first things I read in the rules..my question was...why?
Quote 0 0
dB Drag Feldjaeger
Now my question to you...

WHY NOT?
[37309a0]

RETIRED certified 4X Head Judge dB Drag Racing & Bass Race

dBDRA Staff Member/ Head Judge
World Finals Head Judge  &  European Finals Head Judge
     WF XI, XIII, XIV,                         EF '05, '12, '13

Quote 0 0
Nevadaguy
I was just curious why the rule was in place. For me it stems from a problem I have with my vehicle in that I lose alot of db when I roll the windows up -- I've talked to several car audio shops about it and posted it on the forums here, and it is either a motorforce issue (which I am starting to doubt -- I have DC L4's which should have plenty of motor force running a 1kw rms per sub)or a standing wave issue. I don't think it is related to my box -- I still have my pre-fab box and put the subs in that and tried it -- still the same problem. I dunno, I was just curious. I go from the mid 140's (in a sealed trunk) to the high 130's low 140's with the windows up...
Quote 0 0
pimpin at my house
you have cansulation you need to move ur enclosure around and keep testing...
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
it's natural for it to be louder with the windows down. Understand that it's normal.
Quote 0 0
Nevadaguy
My thoughts are that if it is indeed cancellation, it is happening in the cab of the car because those sound waves are being reflected off of the side windows, so I have peaks and troughs partially intersecting eachother. (I am new to stereo, but my career is that of a scientist, so I understand wave forms..etc). The problem is there is no way for me to know by how much. If they were intersecting eachother directly in the middle, it would cancel out the entire sound wave, so I know it must only be partial. I guess moving the box a few inches in any direction might change this. I don't mind losing a decible or two, but losing 6 db means I am doing at least 10db less than others in the class I plan to compete in, which means I would not be competitive at all (for dbdrag..not for bassrace).
Quote 0 0
Team DD Belgium - Dieter
Everybody has to run with the vehicle sealed up. So there is no disadvantage for your, or for anyone else.
Quote 0 0
tprj82
so if you lose 6dbs, everyone else will as well so put the windows down you still lose at a show
Quote 0 0
pimpin at my house
i have always gained on the meter with car sealed up but sounds louder with windows down. move ur enclosure and you may need to move ur port to align waves...

every car i have built for comp is louder sealed cabin.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy