bigmike
hey guys i have a 97 honda accord running 2 Atomic APX12 with 2 Atomic 3000s strapped. my question is about my inclosure. my box dems are 33wx15hx28d double front baffle port to drivers side 13.5hx5.75wx19d i was wondering if that is too much airspace for the power i have or is it not ehough. this is not for burps i play music and want to get as much spl out of it as possible. also it is sealed off from the trunk. thanks for any help
Quote 0 0
john-hone
hey arent you a fcbc guy? your box seems perfect. are you having an issue? seems like it would be tunned really low from the port size. 77ish inches of port. id have to look at my notes and see. if you have any questions feel free to private message me.
Quote 0 0
bigmike
yeah i compete in fcbc sometimes my subs will pop on certain notes and i was thinking too much airspace but my subs require 4ft3 per sub and 40in2 of port area so i dont know i do need to change my port width to 6in that will give me 81in2 of port area
Quote 0 0
john-hone
I'm that guy with the big red truck. I TALKED TO CHRIS ALOT WHEN HE WAS BUILDING IT AND HELPED WORK THROUGH THE DESIGN. I went to fcbc finals. It sounds like ur playing out of tune. What do u peak at? Subs pop because the are bottoming out or jumping the gap.

[ 04-02-2011, 08:54 AM: Message edited by: john-hone ]
Quote 0 0
john-hone
I know from my past experince I bet ur box is tunned about. 50 hrtz? No I'm not using a box program. I'm guessing u should have 64 inches of port. That will tune the box about 40 hrtz. Just a wild guess.
Quote 0 0
team low budget
Quote:
Originally posted by john-hone:
I'm that guy with the big red truck. I was also the one who design james van. I went to fcbc finals. It sounds like ur playing out of tune. What do u peak at? Subs pop because the are bottoming out or jumping the gap.
John why are you saying you designed James van. You didn't even see his van until finals and. Then you are gonna take away all my hard work? Is this what friends do?
Quote 0 0
john-hone
i wasnt taking anything away from you chris. you built the whole thing. i just talked to you alot and helped through the design. i edited the post. bettter?
Quote 0 0
team low budget
Quote:
Originally posted by john-hone:
i wasnt taking anything away from you chris. you built the whole thing. i just talked to you alot and helped through the design. i edited the post. bettter?
Yes. You definitely had input. But I did lots of trial stuff too that took a lot of my time. Thanks for editing the post. Now that's what friends do.
Quote 0 0
bigmike
wow guys this wasnt about james's van i posted this to try and get help for my install.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy