marcmdm2005
Ok I have 4 JL Audio 12W1-8 V.2's
I have a 10 cu foot box. what should I tune it to?????

Right now I have some old school Atomic's in a bandpass so would like the lows. So I can actually feel it.

I am finishing up on the shell for the box but need port recommendations before I do anything else.
Hoping to get this done tonight ASAP so any help would be appreciated.

Thank You
Quote 0 0
dB Don
30hz
Quote 0 0
tekk45
1 6" precision port for 25 Hz tuning, 8" long.

2 6" precision ports for 25 Hz tuning, each 20" long.

1 8" port(round) 25 Hz tuning, 16" long. Ends need to be flared like precision ports.

Slot port 12x6 21" long. 25 Hz tuning.
Quote 0 0
marcmdm2005
Yea going for a slot port. would 25hz or 30 hz sound like dookie?
Quote 0 0
marcmdm2005
Ok after bracing and all I ended up with 7.32617 Cu Ft.
I have decided to go with the 36hz route just because I want it a little musical and a little loud. With the lows still there. Ended up figuring out 11" W x 16.5" H x 40.4" long

So I am trying to get this thing finished up. Still need to cut the mounting holes. Going for subs back port to the side.

Thank You everyone.
Quote 0 0
marcmdm2005
Quote 0 0
tekk45
You said you wanted it to play low. Most bass music and anything chopped and screwed plays into the mid 20 Hz range. Subs up, ports at the bottom of the box firing back would be better with that setup. I'd make the box taller and as wide as possible to try to get the subs in a line, and use 2 6" precision ports so you can easily tune it. Remember the port, slotted or round, is going to take up internal volume as well. This will require a longer length for the same tuning frequency.
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
JUST SAY "NO!!!!!" to particle board.
Quote 0 0
splfrek
Quote:
Originally posted by D-Bass:
JUST SAY "NO!!!!!" to particle board.
and yes to more screws
Quote 0 0
marcmdm2005
Yea yea I know. It was for testing.
I used over 4000 Brad nails. 5 bottles of wood glue. And about 10 tubes of Liquid Nails.

I am working on another design soon.
Quote 0 0
NTOXKTD1
If you used that much glue and nails it would have been cheaper to use better wood and built it right the first time.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy